Whats up with FuzzMeasure?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinebox

Did Rode just purchase this to shelve it? No updates since 2018. It's easily the best designed sweep software as far as aesthetics are concerned, and it is not overly bloated/engineered for 95% of applications. If it had continuous tone readings, I would say it could be on every techs macbook, and could probably be ported to iOS easily for simple field work. Seems like a wasted opportunity by Rode. I wouldnt mind having it just for how streamlined it is for, but I cant send $500 into the aether for something no one cares about on the other end. Anyone ever talk to someone at Rode about if they have any plans for this or is it dead in the water?

That seems like a shame.
I have an ancient licensed version which I used daily, but am dreading the day when the old Mac dies and I have to buy a new license. It's a high price if it isn't properly supported.
S.

I stopped using Fuzzmeasure probably 10 years ago when REW eclipsed it, even though I had a paid license.

Is there something Fuzz did better than REW aside form being a little prettier?

I never knew Fuzzmeasure as I never used Apple ,
REW I instantly made friends with , same with Reaper ,

The only occasions that I use Fuzzmeasure over REW is when I want to measure two channels simultaneously. Shame REW can't do this.

That's the main reason I used FuzzMeasure. That, and better looking graphs.

But I use REW too and used ARTA before. ARTA is great, but Windows only. So I packaged it with WineBottler. Apple is making that harder and harder, so I wouldn't want to miss FuzzMeasure.

I as considering the pro ugrade some time ago and from what I remember it could have multiple inputs but only one output. I might well be wrong though.

Open sound meter runs on Windows and Linux too , lots of other tools and calculators on the site as well .

Yes, I found Open Sound Meter shortly after making this thread. Its really good for how new to market it is, but it hasnt added some stuff like THD measurements yet, and it forgets half my settings every time I open it. But I see a lot of potential.

NAK T-100 is another really cool and cheap option on Mac, but it lacks digital level readings since its UI was designed to exactly mimic the hardware unit. Wish someone would take this approach with a Neutrik A2, would be perfect as an app.

Back