Where to get 220 M.ohm resistors?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RuudNL

I am looking for some (through hole) 220 M.ohm resistors, 0,25 or 0,5 Watt.
I tried already Mouser, Digikey, RS Components, Farnell etc.
Of course I could put resistors in series, but I would prefer a single resistor...
Any ideas?

Last edited:
For me the 0.5 Watt isn't important. As long as the resistance is (about) 220 M.ohms!
The voltage in a microphone won't be higher than 60 Volts.
The 0.25/0.5 Watt was just an indication of the form factor.

Attachments

• DIY-Resistor.jpg
    DIY-Resistor.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
DIY is the answer ;) :
This would not work very well for high value resistors. Even if you carefully cleaned the assembly, over time moisture, dust and grime would cause leakage currents significant enough to affect it's performance. And capacitance and inductance would be higher than that of a proper part.

I am looking for some (through hole) 220 M.ohm resistors, 0,25 or 0,5 Watt.
I tried already Mouser, Digikey, RS Components, Farnell etc.
Of course I could put resistors in series, but I would prefer a single resistor...
Any ideas?
Mouser appears to have a wide selection of values in 100M to 1G range - carbon film, and not that expensive.

The only one at can find on the Mouser site that comes close is this one (250 M.):

588-MOX-200002506FE

But this evening I got information from someone who maybe can get the value I am looking for (220M) from Taiwan.
I don't have a problem to buy a couple of hundreds...

I don't have a problem to buy a couple of hundreds...
This seems strange to me. Using a 220 Mohm resistor in a circuit is somewhat dubious because it could easily be unreliable if it is not interfacing with a part that has similar impedance. It would be a bummer to buy $500 worth of resistors only to find out later that the circuit behaves strangely and should have used an alternative design. What is the circuit? Post a schematic.

Back