Which is better, Bipolar or biased unidirectional caps?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my experience writing for magazines they usually purchase publication rights to the article and copyright in exchange for a modest payment. Sometimes, there will be a smaller similar payment if the article is reused. Some magazines may handle it differently, but the copyright if originally transferred to the magazine, probably follows whatever disposition of the magazine's assets takes place. Old magazines routinely go away, so I don't know how this usually plays out. In general the subscriber list is consider a more valuable asset than old articles. but somebody ends up owning them. I am not aware of any reversion to authors upon abandonment. In patent law, if a patent is abandoned it reverts to public domain, but AFAIK copyrights don't have maintenace fees like patents.

I ASSume if the article is posted with original copyright credits and credible efforts are made to secure permissions, one should be OK, but I am not a lawyer so caveat lector.

JR

Got a reply that Nexus has indeed sold the EW-mag and are no longer publishing it.
Not clear yet what/if/when/how the new publisher, but it sounds like it'll be continued. Maybe some temp silence, don't know.

And that on the moment that I was (after 'some' delay) about ready to post a book review in return for receiving a free book :cry:

W.r.t. the cap-articles, I understand there still may be some copyright issues. OK, the pdfs are there.

Bye,

Peter

[quote author="clintrubber"]Got a reply that Nexus has indeed sold the EW-mag and are no longer publishing it.
Not clear yet what/if/when/how the new publisher, but it sounds like it'll be continued. Maybe some temp silence, don't know.[/quote]

Hey, a new issue popped up here at work !

'Electronics World', July 2007, same editor, now published by Saint John Patrick Publishers Ltd. Good ! Now let's read.

Bye,

Peter

[quote author="mediatechnology"]Peter - thanks for the update. Good news indeed!

Do they list a website? Sure would like to have the old archived stuff available.[/quote]

Hi Wayne,

Hmm no, they don't list a website....
FWIW, all e-addresses moved to [email protected]

Bye,

Peter

Latest posts

Back