Which Output Xformers work well with EA2622 ins on Fabio Reliquia 312 Boards?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sun King

Hi all,

I'm making a pair of Fabio Reliquia 312 preamps with fabio PSU in a 1u case.

Not sure if anyone might be able to give me any advice on suggested output transformers that would work well with the EA2622 input transformers that I'm using on this build?

This is my first proper project, so I'm learning as I go.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Lundahl, Cinemag (which models)?

Also how about any of these Carnhill ones? http://www.audiomaintenance.com/acatalog/Output_Transformers.html

Kind regards and thanks in advance for any help.  :)

Ben

Pretty much any line output transformer meant for solid state should "work" with these, but if you want it to fit the board it has to be a 625EI core (aka 5/8").  Sure to fit are the EA2503 and cinemag CMOQ2S.

Many thanks for your response mitsos, much appreciated.  :)

I wondered if there were any dos and don'ts when it came to the ratios etc also?

I'm a total newbie  ::)

the 2503 is a quadfilar transformer, that means it has 4 identical windings. You can wire it many ways, but the most common is 1:2 ratio, using one winding for input, and 2 in series for output. The fourth winding is left unused in this configuration.  In 1:2 you get 6dB gain, if you choose to use the fourth winding in series with the other two, you get 1:3, or 9.5dB gain.  You can try both, won't break anything.  You can also use the fourth winding to drive a VU, I think that's what it was originally meant for. 

Back