Which soldering station to buy

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one. Never seemed to find an application where it worked. Not sure if it's for electronics work.

If you want something like this, maybe look at a TS100 style iron

I have one. Never seemed to find an application where it worked. Not sure if it's for electronics work.

If you want something like this, maybe look at a TS100 style iron

I have ordered an AIXUN T3a / T245 and also a desoldering station, the Pro'sKit SS-331H that is "on sale" at Banggood.
The idea is to "up my game" for a upcoming change of pan-pots on a Allen & Heat WZ3 14:4:2 and re-cap job of a Roland SRV-2000.

I am a hobbyist, so not near the average level on this forum...
I started soldering at a fairly young age, 5 or 6 years old and got my first Stannol soldering iron as a Christmas present when I was 7. Unfortunately my "progress" regarding soldering equipment stopped at this "level". There have been a couple of Weller irons over the years and also a second hand Stannol Industa 300 soldering station lately.

But I look forward to my "upgrade", I hope ;)

If it is of interest, I can give my layman's perspective later on, regarding the AIXUN T3a / T245.

Using the ersa icon nano now for more than half a year. I'm happy with it. But the much too short cables are really anoying even on the workbench if you are working on multiple tasks.

Latest posts

Back