Winston O'Boogie / David Hinson

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fazeka if you can (or care to learn to) etch your own pcbs there is still hope as some members here have the self etch artwork for hinsons redd 47.
guitarmaker also posted a layout for point 2point  good luck!

What throws me, is that as a electronic engineer (an apparently very good one) he shouldn't have the need to steal for money.

I mean, it's not as if *good* design engineers are paid peanuts, are they?
(www.salary.com reports Electrical Engineer III - Los Angeles, CA 90071 to be making $90K a year)

That's pretty far from the breadline, isn't it?

seavote said:
fazeka if you can (or care to learn to) etch your own pcbs there is still hope as some members here have the self etch artwork for hinsons redd 47.

hmmm, perhaps those members could kindly upload their documents to groupdiy. :) Interested!!!!

M.

Rochey said:
What throws me, is that as a electronic engineer (an apparently very good one) he shouldn't have the need to steal for money.

Just because you have an education, it doesn't mean your mentally/emotionally together. That's a human condition that all people are susceptible to, education or not. More to do with 'upbringing' imo...

Ya know?

desol said:
Just because you have an education, it doesn't mean your mentally/emotionally together. That's a human condition that all people are susceptible to, education or not. More to do with 'upbringing' imo...

Fair point.

Rochey said:
desol said:

Fair point.

There could be a hell of a lot of things going on, and I suppose it's not fair to presume anything. However, something as simple as an addiction can ruin anybody and leave them penny-less, regardless of their background. I have friends who have gotten in this situation at some point, and it's incredibly sad.

I'd be interested to see how David would have been treated if he was tried in the UK rather than the US. **** going to prison.

Someone mentioned that this isn't the first time he has been related to an event such as this, but it's really none of our business. Best to move on and leave it alone imo..

RS124 would be fun!

I don't mean the business dealings, i mean his personal business, problems, etc.

damn... He got me for about $2K on an RS124 conversion. Do I go thru the expense of filing suit, or cut my losses?

seavote said:

I actually should have used a different emoticon than the one I used. I am only semi-pissed...  :D (see below)

BTW, I did get the layout from Steve and I had the schematic. But that was all after the Winston fiasco. And there were more members other than myself affected. Apparently, one of them was refunded...

Also, I think you're kinda missing my point somewhat... but that's OK.

In the end, not a big deal, I guess I was more disappointed that I got no communication from him after taking my money with nothing in return. Anything would have been better than nothing. But whatever, as the Stones sang, "It's All Over Now"...

Rochey said:

This was more my point, albeit expressed differently.

Bought a V72 off John on ebay years ago. It was weird, because he kept putting off delivering it and wanted to talk instead about circuit ideas for a tube summing box and balanced opto-compressor topologies using the UA 1016 amplifier (guess he worked for UA also); obviously a talented engineer... He did finally deliver the V72 but I had to stop by his house in person and wait over an hour for him to return from a walk to finally get it.

people have pity on the poor man, he's obviously a gearjunkie and as many of u will know once u get addicted its worse than heroin.... fucker just could'nt keep his hands of them vintage whaterver they were. im sure he tried hard to resist but he could'nt control the urge... its hard man.... ;D

Woa. Too sad to be truth. Can't understand why he did it.
I read the posts of W'O'B, and with half of his talent no need to steal anything.
US market is full of job vacancies to make normal money.
Really, weird story.

I am very likely the real owner of the V72 mentioned above. Hinson stole a pair from me.

mgod said:
I am very likely the real owner of the V72 mentioned above. Hinson stole a pair from me.

Hey Dan.

Welcome to the board.

My two dealings with John were without incident,

Sucks that so many folks got taken advantage of.

Mark

wow.  I have not had any sort of real dealings with dave/winston or whatever he goes by. I an say this Karma payback is a bitch and that the universe unfolds as it should. all will eventually work itself out. glad to know items were returned....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back