Wooden microphone boxes/cases--sources?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

soapfoot

It seems pretty difficult to get a reasonably-affordable wooden box for a C12-sized microphone right now.

AMI/Tab-Funkenwerk is out of stock and isn't getting good date projections from their supplier. Studio939 doesn't seem to have C12-sized in stock at the moment; Beesneez doesn't seem to offer that size, either. Telefunken-USA wants $400 for a wooden mic box (looks similar to others, except includes their branding and logo--not a plus for me). They're nevertheless showing out of stock as well.

Any other ideas or places to check?

I'm also in the market for a box/case that'd be a good fit for an Altec M11 "coke bottle" if anyone has any ideas.

vintagelove

It seems pretty difficult to get a reasonably-affordable wooden box for a C12-sized microphone right now.

AMI/Tab-Funkenwerk is out of stock and isn't getting good date projections from their supplier. Studio939 doesn't seem to have C12-sized in stock at the moment; Beesneez doesn't seem to offer that size, either. Telefunken-USA wants $400 for a wooden mic box (looks similar to others, except includes their branding and logo--not a plus for me). They're nevertheless showing out of stock as well.

Any other ideas or places to check?

I'm also in the market for a box/case that'd be a good fit for an Altec M11 "coke bottle" if anyone has any ideas.

I am sure you can find nicer than this, but this link will give you an idea. They are wine bottle boxes. I bought one years ago for an RCA ribbon so that it could be stored in an upright position. Looks really nice to be honest.

here’s a nicer one

another style

ccaudle

GeorgeToledo

bamboo wood…this looks very similar to what’s typically used aside from it being bamboo.

https://a.co/d/cxTgNkd

metal archival
https://a.co/d/824UglI

I think that, in general, “card archival boxes” will have similar dimensions and qualities to what you’re looking for.

Too bad the generic OnStage brand wood mic box isn’t available.

Tubetec

I dug out a Tbone SCT-2000 I got a little while back , simply by removing the foam partition and underlay from the case slot I was able to fit my whiskey presentation box inside ,its a perfect fit to the mm , not only that but the foam parts I removed I can reuse inside the mic box as cushioning . the space where the cable and windsheild was stored becomes the space for the wooden box , the cable fits in the space on the left .
I'll show a photo tomorrow to illustrate better.
1663366972008.png
1663367157727.png

Tubetec

For T-bone SCT-2000 owners its as good a reason as you can get to go out and buy a bottle of good Irish single malt whiskey ,
With a wipe of french polish on the outside it'll look Neumanns relick'd 400 euro job
Cheers .

Last edited:

Tubetec

I might be able to check out if they guy has any duffed up boxes down at the distillery , chances are they go in a skip . Could be a nice little earner . fix a hinge or two , or maybe a few spots of filler to get rid of the dings , then a wipe with french polish , what would that be worth ?

Latest posts