• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB 2 Wima MKP caps and some BC547B transistors

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klem

MKP2G012201B00JSSD
This Wima cap is backordered everywhere in the US it seems till at least mid July, or there is a min qty > 1k pcs of a couple places that have them in stock.
I have looked for alternatives with various permutations of Mouser's Find Similar feature. Maybe I missed something? But I can't find anything of similar dimensions of same chemical properties / classification.

These are going in poctop's U47FETs, C2. Building a pair. Trying to stay as close to his BOM as possible, but unsure what actually makes an appreciable difference. But I don't want to buy a crappy substitute just to have it up and running, only to replace components later

If I'm really pushing my luck, would be nice to find some decently matched (hFE) Fairchild / Onsemi BC547B Bipolar Transistors - BJT NPN 45V 100mA HFE/45. Also OOS most everywhere for another few months.

It's not the end of the world to wait till they are restocked in July, but sure would be nice if there was someone able to help a guy out here in the meantime.
TIA,

Thanks for CDIL suggestion, doesn't look like there's any stateside via ebay or any place with a min quantity that's reasonable, but will keep my eyes peeled.

I don't have a way to test caps ATM, so am indeed trying to source 5%. (Am guessing if it were within 5%, they'd brand it as such?)

Jameco just has 'major brands' listed for the BC547B, that seems a bit dodgy.

The hope is a forum member has some spares of these they wouldn't mind parting with. If not, no big deal to wait and order everything from one one place at one time. Just figured it was worth a shot checking here.

Heh, I don't know! I've never gone down that rabbit hole of tests and heated debates. I definitely want something of high(est) quality, but am just not well-versed enough to know about quality alternatives.

The 10% spec will be fine.

And if you want some matched BC550s I can send them to you (if you're in the US). Just cover the freight and some extra pennies and we'll be fine. I have a drawer full of matched BC550s and BC560s that I use for DOA builds.

Last edited:
I believe Vishay/Ero and Siemens MKPs (as many others too) are as good as Wimas for audio use. There are copper foil capacitors of current production that are even higher quality than MKPs but they are expensive

Interesting. I realize most options weren't around when the mics were originally around, but nonetheless am fine dropping a few extra bucks on a single cap, at least for this build - I want to get the most dimension and richness of kick and bass possible!
Any recommendations for stateside distributors of them?

If I'm really pushing my luck, would be nice to find some decently matched (hFE) Fairchild / Onsemi BC547B Bipolar Transistors - BJT NPN 45V 100mA HFE/45. Also OOS most everywhere for another few months.

I've checked my stock list and I have 21x BC547 transistors that I could sell.
Are you interested?

Back