• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: 5k log PEC dual gang pot

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreqFarm

Desperate for 1 x 5k log PEC dual gang pot to finish off a project

Would be super happy if you could help me out - cash and endless gratitude waiting :)

One turned up. It is a bit of a Frankenstein pot though. I had removed it from a multitrack cassette tape recorder. Just trim the legs.

You can have it free. Just pay the postage.

1655492276768.jpeg

One turned up. It is a bit of a Frankenstein pot though. I had removed it from a multitrack cassette tape recorder. Just trim the legs.

You can have it free. Just pay the postage.

View attachment 95341
Oh wow - that thing looks like it's going to nest in the corner of the room and lay eggs!

Thanks man, that is a super generous offer - you are a true gent!

However after some pretty negative feedback on the PEC pots I have decided to return all the ones I purchased and go with Alpha instead - so please hang onto it for yourself or the next person who need one

I did not know what PEC pot was and I looked up. I am not sure if this is made by them.

What is the negative feedback about? Residue resistance?

What are the values/tapers of the others you are using and what are they for?

By the way, this pot has 0.8 ohm wiper to low-side residue resistance. That's nearly 70dB attenuation. You'll generally be struggling to get that.

mainly issues with quality control and lots of folks reporting faulty units that are brand new.

i have 4 pots that need to go on a Vari Mu and want them all to be the same brand so they have the same feel and characteristics

I used PEC a few times and some samples turned scratchy just after a few hours of use. Since they are sealed you can't even clean them. Considering how expensive they are, I stopped using them.

Alphas are ok, if you fancy something more posh check out Tocos Cosmos and Alps RK27. The Alps have very good channel matching on dual units.

For hard to find values it's possible to get custom made pots from Omeg and Blore-Ed , both are based in the UK.

Latest posts

Back