• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB - 6386 Tube

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomasdf

GDIY Supporter
Hello
I am looking for a 6386 tube in working condition, at a decent price. The current lead times are crazy with the pandemics and my supplier is not able to give me a proper waiting time... I have a STA Level project collecting dust in the meantime.
I am located in Paris, France
Thanks

Try here:
https://web211.secure-secure.co.uk/tube-and-valve-electronics.co.uk/notice.asp
I bought my complete set from these guys, very happy with them.

At the moment i see on their list:
-6386 USA, NOS. Rare but usually in stock. Tested, guaranteed. Suitable for Gates recording and mastering audio compressor. 2 pieces GE in stock as of 18.11.21. OB/WB 320.00 2 @ 300.00
-6386 Grade One USA tested with guarantee. Mixed brands. WB 65.00 2 @ 60.00

For the 6386, i got the Grade one USA and it was new.

6386 is one of the tubes that you often need internal matching in

Which means that tubes can be unusable even when matching factory specs fully (!)

So 95%+ of what is on the market has already been tested and sold on .. ..several times

Billington in the UK is one of the only places that I trust to sell you not-previously-tested-and-discarded 6386's

/Jakob E.

Many thanks for your input guys, I have emailed Billington, out of curiosity.
I also have a good contact with a forum member who offered to sell me a pair of these at a good price.

It feels great to see some of these tubes are still available out there at correct prices, some of the eBay and reverb listings are just totally crazy

Latest posts

Back