• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Amphenol (?) Winchester (?) connector for Langevin AM16

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isophase

Hello,
I am looking for Langevin AM16 preamp female connector for racking job.
What model/brand is it ? And where to buy?
Thank you
Jonathan

Hello,
I am looking for Langevin AM16 preamp female connector for racking job.
What model/brand is it ? And where to buy?
Thank you
Jonathan
Very difficult to find. But why would you solder directly on the pins, that's a really bad idea. If I have to do this I solder directly to the pcb or the back of the connector. That way if you everntually find a connector you haven't ruined what it's supposed to plug onto.

one could possibly find a female contact that will bite on the pin and drill out a block of perspex to act a a spacer, basically make a custom connector/wiring harness

one could possibly find a female contact that will bite on the pin and drill out a block of perspex to act a a spacer, basically make a custom connector/wiring harness
I tried that using female dsub pins, but it never really worked very well. Probably my fault. I was lucky enough to find some sockets but that was 15 years ago.

I racked four of those modules years ago but don't have much info re. the connectors. The client actually had mating connectors so I didn't worry about them.

A close exam of the OEM module connectors (magnifying glass for me! lol) might reveal some markings or part numbers. I'm pretty sure those were MIL spec parts back in the day.

Bri

Those types of connectors are called "rack and panel". I found this catalog page from Winchester:

https://www.winchesterelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/rp.pdf
You'll have to dig around to match the dimensions of the plastic shell and pins. Series MRA or MRE are probably the correct series. The MRAC page has some MIL part number cross referencing. That's why I suggested taking a close look at the existing Langevin connector for any manufacturer markings.

Those were semi-standard connectors Back In Ye Olde Days and made by a number of different companies.

I did find some pix I shot when I racked up those four modules. The attached clearly shows two distinctly different connectors (supplied by client), which all fit.

Bri

conns.jpg

Back