• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Fairchild/ General radio knobs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jocke153

It feels like i have been looking forever for these. I'm looking for the ones used on a fairchild 670. If someone has them, i would pay ebay-prices for them.

Thank you/ Johannes

It is a bit of a hunt. Did it myself. I found all of them on eBAY, but it took a while and a lot of money *for knobs at least". Dakaware are not the correct knobs, if you are really being a stickle for original. General Radio as you mention in your title are the correct ones. Mine are at work or Id give you the part numbers off of the back. It will make your hunt a little bit easier.

edit: I remember the big ones are KNSP-8 General Radio

Yes, knsp-8. That name is like printed in my brain now :)

The funny thing is i missed 8 of them like two months ago. Becuse i thought, they Will turn up agian.

What are you building that requires that faithful approach? Obviously some sort of 670, but what?

Oh, its just the drip 670. I guess i just want it to look as close as the original as possible.

I've only heard good things about the Drip, and the V2 board seems the way to go.
What you are going to run into is the case and the front panel. There are some very nice ones out there but the differences between them and original can be spotted from across the room (or parking lot  :eek: )

Your other two part numbers are:

3 each: KNB-1 General Radio
2 each: KNB-2 General Radio

Yes  :) It wont be a 100% true to the original but.
I always thought that those GR knobs are so nice.

We made a nice looking Fairchild knob kit - also Simpson meters are on stock for Dans cases as well :)

check this out: https://www.don-audio.com/Fairchild-Knobs-Kit

Best

Don

Latest posts

Back