• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Neve b183/b283 heatsink

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fffaustino

I need a pair of 2n3055 heatsinks to restore two b183 cards. If you have some spare or a good replica let me know..

Many thanks!

Alfredo

Thanks Rob!

I will try to contact him,

thanks so much and best regards from Spain!

Alfredo

@fffaustino I bought some NOS TO3s heatsinks on eBay and cut one side to make them fit on my cards. Very easy job if you have tools. Mine are thinner than Neve's but with nothing on top of them heat is not too much of an issue.

Capture d’écran 2022-01-31 à 15.14.48.png

Many thanks Golgoth!

Your work looks great, unfortunately I have not the skills nor the tools to do that...thanks in any case and congrats!

Many thanks Golgoth!

Your work looks great, unfortunately I have not the skills nor the tools to do that...thanks in any case and congrats!
Thank you very much! Where are you located? If in any case you find something in Europe and need a couple of cuts I'll happily do the job and send them back to you for free!

Are you going for the asthetics or the functionality?
You can buy To-3 heatsinks like this and I expect it would do a better job of dissipation

Attachments

• to3.jpg
    to3.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 6
Many thanks Golgoth!

Don´t worry, i really appreciate that but i have a pair of original Neve 1276 heatsinks - those big ones mounted outside the b183 card - that could be cut to fit the size of the b183AV. I will try to find someone skillful with aluminium locally.

Many thanks for your help in any case, i will get in touch with you again if i can´t get it myself.

Best regards from Spain!

Are you going for the asthetics or the functionality?
You can buy To-3 heatsinks like this and I expect it would do a better job of dissipation
Thanks dmp, i am restoring original cards, fully populating original b183, so i need something very accurate in size. Let´s see if i can adapt the 1276 heatsinks...best regards!

Many thanks Golgoth!

There's no skills or special tools involved in cutting a wing in a small aluminum heat-sink.
I also did like Golgoth, I bough an heatsink similar to the one he showed and cut one of the wings, takes 30 seconds, done

It's a standard extrusion cut down and drilled, nothing more.
I have a pile of the 183 AMX and AVX boards that had the transistor on another heatsink,
so when I need them one day, I'll just get the extrusion ordered and cut and drilled by a local shop.....

It's a standard extrusion cut down and drilled, nothing more.
I have a pile of the 183 AMX and AVX boards that had the transistor on another heatsink,
so when I need them one day, I'll just get the extrusion ordered and cut and drilled by a local shop.....
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back