• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB - OPA2604APG4 op-amps

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy has them.  Pretty expensive, but they are legit.  Too many fakes to take a chance on price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-Burr-Brown-OPA2604AP-OPA2604-Dual-FET-Operational-Amplifier-New-IC/291695119508?hash=item43ea624c94:g:gy0AAOSwnFZXVLEN:sc:USPSFirstClass!33467!US!-1

Category 5 said:
This guy has them.  Pretty expensive, but they are legit.  Too many fakes to take a chance on price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-Burr-Brown-OPA2604AP-OPA2604-Dual-FET-Operational-Amplifier-New-IC/291695119508?hash=item43ea624c94:g:gy0AAOSwnFZXVLEN:sc:USPSFirstClass!33467!US!-1

Thanks for all the replies every one.  Wasn't expecting support in a WTB ad, but appreciated just the same.

The build I'm working on specifies this chip precisely and the circuit is not my design - hence why the search.  While there may be alternatives that I may be forced to research out and  / or modify the circuit if I can to make work, I thought as a first step I'd just see if anyone had some excess inventory that they were willing to let go of as I'm aware these are discontinued.  Just the same, the thought of pursuing a circuit that includes a chip that is no longer being made is giving me some pause.  If I can source a small inventory of these so I have a reasonable backup just in case, I'd be willing to take a chance.

Yes, +/-24V rails and through hole is a requirement. 

john12ax7, Let me know if you find any that you want to move along, please...

Cheers, Greg

Category 5 said:

+1

ron_swanson said:
Yes, +/-24V rails and through hole is a requirement. 

Cheers, Greg

I swapped out some 2604s for LME49860s that I mounted on SOIC to DIP8 adapters. Worked well.  The 49860 "only" has +/-22V rails, but because the maximum input and output voltages get closer to rail voltage compared to the 2604 they have the same usable range in practice. Not sure what kind of power supply you're dealing with but if it's a LM317/337 pair then it shouldn't be too hard to adjust the voltages down to 22V.  Fixed regulators would obviously be a little more work and maybe not worth the effort.

As an aside, before I went the 49860 route, I e-mailed the company that is selling the 2604s in that e-bay listing (juried engineering llc) asking them to confirm the provenance of their op amps. The reason I asked is that photos on their site matched photos on other sites of obvious offshore fakes. I'm willing to bet that the fake sellers just grabbed the photo from the juried site, or everyone was just using a generic image that Burr Brown had at some point, but I wanted some reassurance. I never heard back from them so I gave them a pass.

I just noticed the price and quantity that Juried engineering is selling has changed a bit since I last bought there.... Guess it could be an indicator of the lack of stock. Pretty sure you used to be able to buy 4 or even 10 at a time for quite a bit less....

scott2000 said:
I just noticed the price and quantity that Juried engineering is selling has changed a bit since I last bought there.... Guess it could be an indicator of the lack of stock. Pretty sure you used to be able to buy 4 or even 10 at a time for quite a bit less....

that's true.  Message them for a quantity discount.  I am pretty sure theirs are genuine.  Their feedback is great and they are US based.

Category 5 said:
that's true.  Message them for a quantity discount.  I am pretty sure theirs are genuine.  Their feedback is great and they are US based.

Their website indicates that they are completely sold out of 2604s: https://juriedengineering.com/collections/operational-amplifier/opa2604ap

rodaffleck said:
I swapped out some 2604s for LME49860s that I mounted on SOIC to DIP8 adapters. Worked well.  The 49860 "only" has +/-22V rails, but because the maximum input and output voltages get closer to rail voltage compared to the 2604 they have the same usable range in practice. Not sure what kind of power supply you're dealing with but if it's a LM317/337 pair then it shouldn't be too hard to adjust the voltages down to 22V.  Fixed regulators would obviously be a little more work and maybe not worth the effort.

As an aside, before I went the 49860 route, I e-mailed the company that is selling the 2604s in that e-bay listing (juried engineering llc) asking them to confirm the provenance of their op amps. The reason I asked is that photos on their site matched photos on other sites of obvious offshore fakes. I'm willing to bet that the fake sellers just grabbed the photo from the juried site, or everyone was just using a generic image that Burr Brown had at some point, but I wanted some reassurance. I never heard back from them so I gave them a pass.

Yes, +/-24V PSU rails using LM317/337 pair

rodaffleck said:
Their website indicates that they are completely sold out of 2604s: https://juriedengineering.com/collections/operational-amplifier/opa2604ap

Yep, I reluctantly (price wise) bought a small quantity so I at least have something to work with and a few extras just in case.  Still looking at other options as I'm still concerned about having to support a build that includes unavailable parts.

The whole lot of chips sold out shortly after my purchase.  There were only 6 left after my purchase.

Cheers,
Greg

Back