• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB (UK) Potentiometer dial plate, scale, gauge, Ohmite etc

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

untune

Hi all,

I'm looking for a dial plate I can use under a pot, scale 0-100 ideally, 55mm (2 3/16").  There are Ohmite ones, 5007 etc (I have one, which might be a 5000E but I'm not certain— I can use it for now but it has an extended line around the '6' mark and the asymmetry really annoys me ;D)

I can get these new from some suppliers in the UK but many are out of stock or on backorder, and have to be bought in bulk packs (and need expensive minimum orders) so before I go down that road, I wanted to see if anyone might have anything similar, or may have leftovers they don't mind selling on.  Ebay has them in droves in the US, but shipping costs are silly.  It's for a vintage project so old is good, maybe something that has come off an old radio or something.

Cheers!

I have this old thing: 55mm, 0 to 100, but kind of "upside-down".  If you like it I can put it in a letter sized envelope for about 1 GBP!

Attachments

• Dial.jpg
    Dial.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 14
mjrippe said:
I have this old thing: 55mm, 0 to 100, but kind of "upside-down".  If you like it I can put it in a letter sized envelope for about 1 GBP!

Interesting! I'll drop you a PM, I'd have to see how well it fits with the other hardware once everything is put together but I think I could find a use one way or another!

Do please get in touch if anyone has anything else along these lines, especially the Ohmites, as I'm planning on making a couple of more these with excess components.

Cheers!

Bürklin in germany has some nice aluminium dial plates in stock. You need to modify the search under „accessory type“ to: „display dials“
https://www.buerklin.com/en/Electromechanics/Knobs/Equipment-for-Knobs/c/30121500

salomonander said:
Bürklin in germany has some nice aluminium dial plates in stock. You need to modify the search under „accessory type“ to: „display dials“
https://www.buerklin.com/en/Electromechanics/Knobs/Equipment-for-Knobs/c/30121500

Thanks for that, that's a really good resource for future projects! For some reason I can't connect to their site on my desktop or my phone wifi, but it works fine on 4G.  Strange.  I've had a quick look through and they do have some good options, though it would depend on how much it would end up costing once importing/shipping etc is factored in.  Any experience with that?

Cheers

untune said:
Thanks for that, that's a really good resource for future projects! For some reason I can't connect to their site on my desktop or my phone wifi, but it works fine on 4G.  Strange.  I've had a quick look through and they do have some good options, though it would depend on how much it would end up costing once importing/shipping etc is factored in.  Any experience with that?

Cant say as i live in Germany. Not far from the shop. All i can say is that they are 100% legit. I order from the, regularly. Never had a problem. Good luck

Cheers

Back