• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB (UK): Vintage VU meter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

untune

Again putting out feelers for a preamp project, looking at something like a Sifam AL20SQ (as a modern equivalent if I can't locate anything) but if anyone has anything more vintage in a similar style, please let me know. Must fit comfortably in a 2U panel so no taller than 88mm/3.5", preferably smaller than 76mm/3". Similar to Simpson and Triplett style, rounded rectangle bakelite/black bezel, rectangle/half round window etc.

Cheers!

I do not have the type of VUs you are looking for but I have a ready made 2U case for a dual mic-amp, if it is of interest. I had made two. A friend of mine has bought one and is building a pair of Ian's (Ruff Records) tube mic pres. I have the second one available.

Gain knobs and VUs are borrowed from old Uher Reporter tapes. VU bezels are custom made.

PM if it is of interest.

Attachments

• Dual__Tube_MicAmp_2.jpg
    Dual__Tube_MicAmp_2.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 25
Just while I'm exploring some options, thought I'd bump this and add that Sifam AL29/39B is of interest, ie the utilitarian black bezel rectangular remniscent of some old Ampex units, and similar...

Attachments

• Sifam-AL39B-Presentor-VU-Meter_1.jpg
    Sifam-AL39B-Presentor-VU-Meter_1.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back