• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: USSR-era fuse holder

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

untune

I'm looking at procuring something, but I noticed it was missing the fuse cap. Research has led me to identify this; From what info I've been able to find, it's likely a 1970s/80s type and was used on a device that would have been manufactured around 1990 in Ukraine. I'm weighing up whether it's worth the hassle but it's relatively rare in the UK so I thought it'd be worth asking here in case we have any members in the part of the world who might know more.

Cheers!

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    53.7 KB
I would just replace it with a modern piece. But if you really have to have the original look, I have one I pulled from a LOMO power supply. I can send pics and dimensions. Also note I am in the USA, so shipping...

I do like to keep things looking original where possible, I could always swap it out for a modern one until I can track down the proper cap. I just need to be able to test it and make sure it is functioning without doing any modification if I can, it could be a dud! By all means drop me a pm with a pic and I'll take a look! Cheers 🙂

I think those are still available as surplus. or something very similar--there is a Russian fella here that had/has an online store--cant think of his name

Thankyou for this, looks like they are available but shipping is going to be costly.

I decided to take a punt and purchased the unit, the best thing was to change a couple of bits out but the original fuse holder is considerably bigger than anything I have, so going to do some temp mods to help it fit then look at locating originals.

In the meantime if anyone comes across this and has something similar/the same they can drop me a PM, cheers

We have some available locally. The ones linked here are Chinese, not genuine. Shipping will be more than a holder itself though.

Back