www.customtubeconsoles is down

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where I am it seems there are no DNS records for the domain so no website visible

nick$ host customtubeconsoles.com
Host customtubeconsoles.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

pvision said:
Where I am it seems there are no DNS records for the domain so no website visible

nick$ host customtubeconsoles.com
Host customtubeconsoles.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

I  was guessing the same, you can try to connect using the IP address to see if it is a DNS problem.

I checked it yesterday as it happens and it was down for me.  Was going to notify you but, obviously not necessary.  Good luck sorting it Ian.

Thanks guys. I have restored the default DNS records. This can take up to 48 hours to be implemented so fingers crossed.

Cheers

Ian

I now know why the web site is down. I called the ISP that registered the domain and forwards it to my google hosted web site. Turns out DNS forwarding is on hold while the registrant (that is me) is verified. I pointed out I have been the registrant for about 10 years but it seems this may be some fall out from the acquisition of my old ISP by the current one. They are listed as the registrant with a dummy email address. All I had to do was replace that with my own email address and then, after it filters through the system, all should be well again. Why I had to find this out via the mechanism of my web site disappearing I do not know. Anyway, fingers crossed it should be back soon.

Cheers

Ian

whois is saying "customtubeconsoles.com" is registered by "Tucows Domains Inc."

It seems like you need to confirm that you are the "whois" for your website(s) every year or so...

It normally doesn't take this long to get DNS errors sorted but you seem to be on the right track now, good luck.

JR

If you find that you need to take matters into your own hands, you might get away with using the cloudflare Free plan which includes DNS hosting (although I've never used cloudflare, it's pretty much the larges content infrastructure provider right now). Then get a free cert from letsencrypt.org and AFAIK it could all be theoretically free.

JohnRoberts said:
whois is saying "customtubeconsoles.com" is registered by "Tucows Domains Inc."

It seems like you need to confirm that you are the "whois" for your website(s) every year or so...

It normally doesn't take this long to get DNS errors sorted but you seem to be on the right track now, good luck.

JR

If you look further down the entry you will see the reseller is Fasthosts Internet Ltd which who I purchased it from and the 2027 expiry date is also correct.

Cheers

Ian

Looks like my web site is back up again. I can definitely see it myself. I would be grateful if others outside the UK could confirm they can see it.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back