WYBAULT - CTC-16

Help Support GroupDIY:

matriachamplification

we seem to have issues with uploads and are working on sharing photos from the cloud. Please bare with us as we learn to better navigate GDIY's system.

Thanks to GDIY members Dylan, Mr. Thompson-Bell, Doug and David, we've come to understand that I've reached a mobius point where we can/should be able to confidently layout direct details of our dev cycle/build for GDIY to peruse and hopefully give insight and or feedback on.

For full details on how to build your own CTC visit www.customtubeconsoles.com

We would like to further thank @Holgar (sorry we've never met) and his commitment to building the Krassemaschine, without whom MANY of the conversational, organizational and inspirational elements for our build would not exist. So thank you, we owe you some beers :)

http://www.kraessemaschine.de/cms_en/

~

Overview: To bring anyone not in the know about CTC and Mr. Thompson-Bells design up to speed, it is an all Valve and Passive Component Recording Console free of opamps or semiconductors (except for power supply). The design is built on a modular card system that make up the foundation to designing a large variety of tube driven audio devices in a compact desktop format.

The modular card system can be best described via the CTC website.

WYBAULT - CTC-16

Named in honour of audio innovator Richard Wybault Swettenham, WYBAULT is a 16 Channel Custom Tube Console

"The Ergonomics of Design"

In a conversations with John Hardy we recall his commitment to each and every detail of his craftsmanship. We discussed the texture and feel of his design in great detail. This early education imparted an understanding regarding the importance of all elements of design including tactile interfacing. It was also Johns intention to relay a fuller picture of the variant number of considerations one must take when building a custom console. Thanks John.

http://www.johnhardyco.com/

That said I've sculpted my vision on the lines of classic car designs and vintage consoles (obviously).

Attached below should be the image of a 1951 Langevin Tube Console. This has been our vision bible from day one pulling many aspects of the consoles aesthetics and incorporating them directly into our enclosure design.

ytVZf94eXxPwRYpooGbAOfc7Y70NaVeCjncvqR2lPLv

Below should be an image of our enclosures blueprint. The largest addition is the keyboard tray that "may" host dual LA2A racks on either side of the centre work station.

zwIhma5B8nR13P0FrdsYAJDj3Kffg3CDCiJYTX0KRIN

Enclosure Design
Blueprint A - Side Profile

SRS Design Details
https://www.srs-products.co.uk/

A. Removable Base Plate (access for repairs)
B. Rubber Feet (elevate for airflow)
E. Keyboard Tray/Cheek or Skirt Wall
D. Centred Meter Bridge
F. Headphone Jack Provisions
G. Table Leg Provisions
H. QTP Cable Routing
I. Dual Rack keyboard tray

Outside of awaiting parts, this is a good start to where we are and how we have gotten here.