• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Yamaha CS80/CS60 pitch ribbon internal spring rebuild service $400

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capacitor

I've done enough of these done successfully on my own, to know I can do it correctly for someone else with a deteriorated CS80 or CS60 pitch ribbon. They are robust but eventually corrode and break into pieces (especially if they're in a salty air environment).

PayPal/Venmo/checks accepted, standard USPS return shipping included.

Note: Felt not included! PM me for suggestions on felt replacement. I don't have the exact felt but the original felt can be used as a pattern for fresh felt. I can do that work for an added fee if you include replacement felt.

How it works:
  • Remove the broken ribbon and send it here (Centennial/Denver, 80112). It's easy to get to and you can simply clip the wires if you wish. I'll include plenty of new wire.
  • I'll confirm receipt of the ribbon assembly and give you an ETA for completion (usually the next day unless I'm booked, otherwise the following day)
  • I carefully remove the felt covering from the body, replace the spring, reassemble everything including fresh wiring, and send you photos of the completed work. Note: I do my best to preserve the original felt, but I cannot guarantee it (that said, the three I've done have all survived the process). If you wish, you can remove the felt before sending the ribbon body; they usually peel off without incident.
  • Payment is expected at that time (I'll send Venmo/PayPal address unless you've included a check)
  • Once payment comes through, the renewed ribbon goes out via USPS Priority. I'll be glad to send via USPS Express, FedEx et al if you cover the additional cost.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back