Yamaha M406 Direct Outs?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

elbows

I had seen - a while ago - some threads about modifying the M406's six pres to have direct outputs. I was hoping someone might still have some information about this? Thanks!

audiosway

I'm trying to do the same thing with my unit. Can anyone help out with this ???
I have one I'm about to do the same with. I have a Tamura output transformer for all 6 channels also (Matching the 2 currently in there. I bought 4 more to match it). I'll get you any info I put together once I'm done with mine.

rwmarr1969

I have one I'm about to do the same with. I have a Tamura output transformer for all 6 channels also (Matching the 2 currently in there. I bought 4 more to match it). I'll get you any info I put together once I'm done with mine.
Thank you , you're the best. This would be amazing to happen. I plan on using them as just preamps for my DAW so I'll have no need for the summing portion of the M406.Please send pictures if you could as well. I know there are a few people on here as well as other forums looking to do the same thing .

audiosway

Thank you , you're the best. This would be amazing to happen. I plan on using them as just preamps for my DAW so I'll have no need for the summing portion of the M406.Please send pictures if you could as well. I know there are a few people on here as well as other forums looking to do the same thing .
Sure. I'm doing one I have had for a few years to sell. I'll do pics and a thread for it. I've seen quite a few that are interested.

I am very interested in info on modding the M406. I saw one where a tech had added a phantom power switch to each channel, direct outs (with switches that determine whether each channel goes to the master section or direct out) and modified the EQ to be more "usable."

audiosway

Hey guys. Sorry I've been swamped with sessions lately. I'm about to start on the 406 though. Should be in the next week or so. I'll keep you posted.

dai h.

hi, here's a schematic and layout I did for myself (hopefully useful) :

Attachments

• Yamaha M406 INP CH schematic (redrawn M916 schematic).jpg
    Yamaha M406 INP CH schematic (redrawn M916 schematic).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • Yamaha M406 mic input channel PCB layout.jpg
    Yamaha M406 mic input channel PCB layout.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0