Yamaha M406 modified to mic preamp!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bxt403

:D

So I will be parting ways with my latest project- a Yamaha M406 mixer that I recapped and modded with GA18720 output trafos from Tamura...
It's boxed up now and will be shipped to Reading, MA in a few hours.  I remembered to take photos of the project- so here's the final build.
As a side note- since the phantom protection parts were built into each module of the M406, I just had to insert a switch to each channel; and short the original master phantom switch to enable individual 48V channel switching. I took the output to the transformer from the respective channel fader output.  I could have made use of the ECHO out bus, but I decided to remove all mixing capabilities.  The VU meters now only have a 1/4" trs input. I also upgraded the EQ MID/LOW section's RC4558DV with a NJR072.  

;)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

So I will be parting ways with my latest project- a Yamaha M406 mixer that I recapped and modded with GA18720 output trafos from Tamura...
It's boxed up now and will be shipped to Reading, MA in a few hours. I remembered to take photos of the project- so here's the final build.
As a side note- since the phantom protection parts were built into each module of the M406, I just had to insert a switch to each channel; and short the original master phantom switch to enable individual 48V channel switching. I took the output to the transformer from the respective channel fader output. I could have made use of the ECHO out bus, but I decided to remove all mixing capabilities. The VU meters now only have a 1/4" trs input. I also upgraded the EQ MID/LOW section's RC4558DV with a NJR072.

;)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
Any chance you still have photos for this?

It's boxed up now and will be shipped to Reading, MA in a few hours. I remembered to take photos of the project- so here's the final build.
As a side note- since the phantom protection parts were built into each module of the M406, I just had to insert a switch to each channel; and short the original master phantom switch to enable individual 48V channel switching. I took the output to the transformer from the respective channel fader output. I could have made use of the ECHO out bus, but I decided to remove all mixing capabilities. The VU meters now only have a 1/4" trs input. I also upgraded the EQ MID/LOW section's RC4558DV with a NJR072.

;)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
Anymore details on these mods? I'm about to get one, and want to do the EQ and Phantom mod.

Latest posts

Back