Yamaha pm5d not booting

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also just wanted to point out that it was a very successful product, but probably not as rider friendly as it once was (released in 2004). In theory there should be a good number of them out in the field, currently unused and maybe not making money for their owners, who would be more willing to part 'em out than in the past.

Hey Capacitor thanks for your great support.... But my friend said that if I can t buy a brand new or used Dms... He will close the console cause needs space in his garage 😅
So we are stopped till can find that board
And really Don t know if it s worth to fix it or use it for any spare parts
Now I have 4 psu for sure!

Also just wanted to point out that it was a very successful product, but probably not as rider friendly as it once was (released in 2004). In theory there should be a good number of them out in the field, currently unused and maybe not making money for their owners, who would be more willing to part 'em out than in the past.
Yeah... It s obsolete... But even no more on tech rider... When productions find that console in place everybody is happy... Cause it s well known and still appreciated by soundmen... At first approach is strange cause nowadays touch screen rules... But when riding gain or faders sound is there and with good quality compared with modern toys of the genre that costs a lot but lack of sonic quality...
Best

Last summer had lots of festivals and when switching from my pm5 to modern console the PA was muddy and less punchier!

but probably not as rider friendly as it once was (released in 2004).

It's not rider friendly at all,
it's very old digital. You can't save a session on a UBS stick,or load from USB, also the non-RH version you can't even save the Gains, there's no iPAD/Tablet remote control,
no custom fader options, it's big and heavy.

I rarely see an RH version in PA companies nowadays. As for the non-RH, I don't think I've seen one in 10 years.
It's curious that this year in a gig it was the console supplied (RH), so I had to use it after all these years, I prefer to use something else nowadays, but one thing I have to be honest about is that it sounds pretty good, it's still a great sounding Yamaha console.

Last edited:
The other broken card is the SR just under the right side Dca section... Hope to be lucky one day and find these 2 boards at a reasonable price considered the age of that console....

Looks like the SR board (which might stand for "Surface Right" - there's a SL board as well) manages switches, encoders & LEDs. It definitely is model agnostic. The manual says "(PM5D/PM5D-RH)" at the top & bottom of each page of the SR circuit diagram.

Last edited:
Fine good to know... As I have the console back to home I will open it again and disassemble these 2 cards to have a real and better idea
Thanks again for your support

Back