Focusrite fail or damage components???

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domingues

hello I came across this problem that is killing me, because I can't figure out were problem is located, I know that it's on mic side, but don't know were :( ... I bought an focusrite scarlett 2i2 3rd gen kit, worked fine for years but now and lately I start earing this interferences in windows, the workaround i find is two things
1. disconnect mic cable and reconnect it again the interference go away for a few moments
2. change the samplerate in focusrite app the interference go away for a few moments as well

but to test if the problem is from dac or the mic I connect only the mic to an external recorder with phantom power (tascam dr-1000 MK3) and the weird sound came bacak again...
it's the problem some internal components??? i teardown the mic dont see any damage components :(

for now i'm using the omni mic of the tascam as my main mic until buy an new one or repair his one because its out warranty.

thanks in advance for the help

Attachments

• 240513_0136.mp3
    3.2 MB
This is a condenser mic, right? The most likely problems are the mic capsule developing a fault (did it get exposed to moisture?) or a capacitor in the mic beginning to break down.

were i'm the air is clean and moisture free... maybe an falty component?? when having some free time will swap the capacitors

I suspect contamination or moisture in the high-impedance area of the microphone. I call it the frying pan sound, it sounds a lot like that. Before you replace any capacitors, clean the circuit board (especially where the microphone capsule is connected) with 99% isopropanol, if that doesn't help, replace the capsule with another microphone capsule or a capacitor of approximately the same size to see where the noise is coming from.

What kind of microphone is this? Photos?

It’s possible to measurement the capsule with multimeter? Like resistance? Or how I can detect any problems??

Attachments

• IMG_7837.jpeg
    IMG_7837.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7838.jpeg
    IMG_7838.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7839.jpeg
    IMG_7839.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back