Rip a Strip!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmicOctave

Greetings groupDIY’ers! My name is Peter, a long time lurker of the forum, figured it was time to join. My background in music is as a performer. I have a music degree in Classical Guitar and I spent a number of years on the road gigging in hard rock bands, which put out a few records on small indie labels. Over the years I have slowly set up a small home studio to make demos and capture song ideas when inspiration strikes. I have built a handful of 500 series mic pres from DIYRE & CAPI kits (with DOAs) as well as other utility bits like Re-ampers, DI’s, mic boosters, etc. And as a guitar player I’ve amassed a pile of homemade mini amps, treble boosters, fuzzes, and so-on. The Craig Anderton QuadraFuzz stands out as a favorite tool that is useful on a variety of sources beyond guitar (absolutely rips on bass as well as kick drum.)

On deck to build I have a pair of CAPI ML2’s and would really like to find a currently available project for 2 channels of LA3a’s, whether its just PCB or full kit, 500 series or rackmount. Any suggestions would be most appreciated! Also curious if anyone has built the Vamisound c414 kit? I haven’t seen any feedback, positive or negative. Cheers!

Back