Mystery microphone ID

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biasrocks

Can anyone identify the tom microphone used in this picture?

It looks like a Beyer to me.

MysteryTomMic.JPG

I'm curious, I've seen them being used on quite a few kits but I'm
at a loss to id this particular one.

Regards,
Mark

it looks to be either an e22 by josephson, which originally was developed by josephson for steve albini and electrical audio, or it could be the new shure beta 181.  If the grill is rounded, might be a beyer m-160 but I doubt it as that is a ribbon mic.

Picture is a little dark to know for sure.

I think you've hit it on the head, definitely looks similar to the E22 when I compared to the litature on the Josephson site.

Not sure I want to spend $4K on a three-some of tom/drums mics at this point, but the mystery is solved.

Thank you Pucho!

Regards,
Mark

Biasrocks said:
I think you've hit it on the head, definitely looks similar to the E22 when I compared to the litature on the Josephson site.

Not sure I want to spend $4K on a three-some of tom/drums mics at this point, but the mystery is solved.

Thank you Pucho!

Regards,
Mark

i have heard they are wonderful, but have yet to use them. there once was a groove tubes mic that was sdc side address but the body wasn't that small.  might be better with a neumann km86 as those capsules are tiny even though the grill is a little larger. The KM-86 sounds amazing.

Back