apollo 16 from UA

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might be wrong but I think I read somewhere that it'll be 2,999USD.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv8z3IAVPto&feature=youtu.be

maybe that msrp vs price out the door.who knows. But it's well with in cost competitive compared to other I/O's of similar channels like lynx plus this has the ability to run UAD  plug in's  8)

I really like them, also can be expanded to thunderbolt for future... prices are 2K for UAD2 DUO and 2500 for UAD2 QUAD (twice DSP aviable) and 500 for thunderbolt expansion... not so needed now but nice thing to a future. I would love to know if can 2 be used together... not for now but maybe buy one now and other when want to jump to 32...

JS

video says you can run 2 X apollo 16 devices at the same time for total of 32 I/O.  You cannot run more then one X Apollo at a time and cannot use an apollo and Apollo 16 at the same time.

can it work somehow to FW400 till I upgrade my macbook?

I'm looking to buy a new desktop but keep the book runing, and it has only 400.

JS

I think if you dig into the documentation for the other apollo the FW capability is somehow limited (maybe to 44/24?) while the thunderbolt connectivity does not have the same limitations (based on bandwidth or something). I would expect it to work but may not be able to stream 16x16 to from DAW simultaneously. I would expect the internal LL console to work though for low-latency HW based mixing/processing since that audio stays in the box AD->DSP->DA.

Just commenting from memory of what I read about the other apollo interface so this may or may not be totally accurate.

Cheers,
jb

Bandwith of FW400 allow at least 12in 12 out at 96/24 like the FW1814 I have.

Also I would like to use DSP with this computer, it's little short sometimes, I'll read the docs of UA for this details.

I assume the quality of the sound of this thing to be very good, any user to add something?

JS

I was at vintage king l.a. last night catching a demo of the apollo 16. They ran a macbook pro retina display version, 2.6 processor speed, 16 gigs of ram. Had 2 apollo 16's running via thunderbolt tied along to a pcie to thunderbolt chassis that had an extra uad card in it. They were running pro tools 10.3 with an hd license. Had over 140 tracks playing back @ 88.2/24 along with video and 150 uad plug in's running. They then proceeded to overdub a bass part. The bass part was processed with uad plug in's on their console control software. This allowed to record into pro tools with plug in's running. It's like recording to tape with eq and compression on the channel.  latency was 0, or at best 1ms. inaudible latency. The system was smoking.

8)

pucho812 said:
I was at vintage king l.a. last night catching a demo of the apollo 16. They ran a macbook pro retina display version, 2.6 processor speed, 16 gigs of ram. Had 2 apollo 16's running via thunderbolt tied along to a pcie to thunderbolt chassis that had an extra uad card in it. They were running pro tools 10.3 with an hd license. Had over 140 tracks playing back @ 88.2/24 along with video and 150 uad plug in's running. They then proceeded to overdub a bass part. The bass part was processed with uad plug in's on their console control software. This allowed to record into pro tools with plug in's running. It's like recording to tape with eq and compression on the channel.  latency was 0, or at best 1ms. inaudible latency. The system was smoking.

8)

I want one for my birthday! all the configuration better!

JS

Latest posts

Back