Tim Campbell CT12 Vs Beez Neez CK12 samples

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OPR

Here are some samples I made with  the Tim Campbell CT12  Vs Beez Neez CK12  Both capsules were recorded in my Point to point C12.

c-12-p-to-p.jpg

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=558044756F0B7A3D!961&authkey=!AH_PaoszZXZaXIA&ithint=folder%2c

Enjoy!

We're getting in the mood.  :)

First listen on cans.
They seem pretty close to me. Tim's a hair brighter than Ben's.
Here (!) I slightly (!) prefer the BeesNeez up close and the Campbell in the distant recording.

BTW, going by the picture this one has the AMI T14.
Chunger had 6 bad ones out of 25. Obviously, yours is working, but the difference with the Samar is pretty dramatic to me. Makes me wonder...

I've experienced the same thing  with the Ami T14  but I can assure you these t14 are fully functioning the bad ones sound like a telephone :eek:

Re: The  sound files.
  I feel the the Campbell and Beez  capsules sound and respond very differently, the low end both close and distant is the most obvious thing with the CT12 having much more reach a bloom to the lows also the highs are smoother yet more airy. But the Ck12 sound is known to be all over the shop so I guess it's up to the preference  of the builder.

Thanks for these, man!  I honestly can't decide which I like better.  I think the mic circuit that it is put in would have as much as, or more, of an influence on the differences between the two at that point.  They both sound great. 

Regarding T14 failures, they do not fail "gently" or subtly.  My experience has been they are either good, or pretty much completely dead and pass no audio or BARELY anything.  I have not seen an in-between failure mode.  You will know right away if it isn't working right.

AMI customer support was and still is outstanding though and they take care of all issues encountered.

So it's all or nothing at all, basically.

OK, I listened through speakers this time. This didn't change my impressions much. They seem close, but the Campbell is a little more open and extended and thus better suited for distant recording (which doesn't mean it ain't great up close).
The BeesNeez is tuned a little darker and that seems to be a pattern.  Sort of like the autograph or spice of the maker.  MicGeeks BN CK12 in particular sounds very creamy to me (which is not the same as dark). Almost as if a thicker Mylar was used if that makes sense. That creaminess is a little less obvious in this here shootout. That could be caused by the different recording parameters (most likely) or perhaps by a slight variety within the BN CK12s. Remember, the originals were all over the place, tonewise.
Here's a link to MicGeek's thread:
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=58107.0

Here are some real world examples of my C12 and 251 builds with Tim's CT12 Capsules  251 on vocals I believe they also used my point to point C12 on drum overheads amongst other things.

Enjoy!!
The Band are called Mayfair Kytes and they are truly amazing!

a2024565024_2.jpg

http://wondercoreisland.bandcamp.com/track/seasonal-thaw

And the equally amazing Kalakoma  using the the same mics on the same applications

http://kalacoma.bandcamp.com/

a0049858828_10.jpg

I like Tim Campbell's capsule here, the "S" are less sharp and feels more together. A little bit more texture and substance.

I agree… Plus, it’s just one comparison.

A friend bought the Beesneez in 2015 and put it in a C12-type with a nos GE 6072 with an AMI and while it was extremely bright, nothing about it was harsh. I’ve honestly been dying to have one exactly the same in my arsenal!

Just picked up a brand new pair of OPR’s from a member here. Looking forward to try them in something. I was actually planning to try the newest AKG versions in some C12A-types at some point (not for budget-reasons). But now that I have these, I don’t know… I may have to grab them just to compare!

Both Great!

By the way, Is Tim Campbell still making capsules? Trying to contact for a quote and Invoice on his site for 2 capsules, no response whatsoever, Tried twice already! ... I have built two C12 with his capsules, love them! Need more,... 😜

+1, I would love to only wait 6 weeks to get one...but no reply in my two or three tries. Tried getting one commercially thru JRRShop but alas, they're out and waiting for more, too.

Latest posts

Back