modutec VU meter hookup

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexgg

hi im building a hairball/mnats 1176 rev a

I have a modutec meter shown in attached photo 

says 4140024  / 01

is anyone familiar with this model ?

fiddled about + can now see that the wings need to be down to hold in the light bulbs in. should take another photo really
got the bulbs connected now and they light up fine

I just want to connect the 2 signal cables as per hairball 1176 though , do these connect to the nut + bolts ?

will it need any modification to resistance or anything ?

any help appreciated

alex

ps maybe I should move to the 1176 rev a threaD

Attachments

• P1000400.JPG
    P1000400.JPG
    703.4 KB · Views: 23
The lower nut and bolts are the signal + and - terminals.

The upper thing is for ,light bulbs - special bullet bayonet types. The 'V' shapped things tension them into the holes underneath and make contact with the bulb. You can wire them up in series or parallel.

So use just like any other for the VU or Gain Reduction function and wire to those tabs at the top for light show.

Cheers

hi

thanks for confirming this

I got the lights figured + up + running now.

can attach signal to the nuts now.

the other thing is I think maybe this is a DC not an AC VU meter. is the best way to check just to wire it up + judge by response to signal ?

Yep - just wire it up. It should have a + marked on a terminal. If not, use a small batter to check.

Not sure of whether it has rectification - I can say it works perfectly as a plain old VU meter. I've got a dozen or so doing that.
It also certainly works as it should  in the 1176 circuit. Lots of Modutec here doing that too.

ah great , I thought this one looked a bit old  + might be DC.

should be ok if its AC then

Latest posts

Back