new PCB for GSSL

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naloja

Hello,

First, i apologize for my bad english level...

My project is to make a single PCB board for a GSSL with switchable turbo mode and side chain filter. Here is my list of questions :
1- Turbo inputs. In GSSL mode L&R are added with two 47k resistor. Given that 2180 or 2181 are current in/current out, is it necessary to have 23.5k (47k/2) input resistor to keep the same level of input current in turbo mode ?
2- Turbo outputs. How to connect outputs of both side-chains? Simply by connecting both outputs after diodes ("interconnect" both points C in Gustav scheme) ?
3- In GSSL mode, is it better to connect the input of the turbo sidechain to ground or just disconnect it? I think it's better to not connect because it is a current input (No connection = no current). Or to connect it to a big resistor connected to ground to have a very little current and 0V.
4- Is it better to replace 3.9k bias resistor by 5.1k in audio VCA to keep a 2.4mA bias current ?

Thanks in advance and sorry if these questions have been answered before...

Hey Naloja,

It's been some time since you posted, but I wonder if you ever went ahead with this project, and if so could you share some details? I'm just beginning to delve into this myself, so keen to hear a user's experience!

Latest posts

Back