Help identify this part please - U47 mod

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0dbfs

Hi, I've got an original U47 with "UF14 mod" that came to me. This part is installed in the mic that I would like to identify for my documentation but I am having trouble locating a data sheet.

Anyway, the mic appears to have some wiring issues which I am tracing out before proceeding.

I can't find much info on UF14 mod's but this one was done completely inside the mic body. No separate heater supply. This component (regulator) is part of the existing heater circuit so I would like to identify it, make an accurate schematic, and get it going before looking at other options.

Thank you!
-jonathan

Attachments

• v-reg.jpg
    v-reg.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 37
I would say it is a 1000 Ohm 1% resistor
http://uk.farnell.com/bourns/pwr220t-35-4r70f/resistor-power-4r-0-01-35w/dp/2101740?ost=2101740&mckv=x5YPgYro&CMP=KNC-GUK-FUK-GEN-SHOPPING-SKU_08_BOU_2101740&CAGPSPN=pla&gclid=CLiRjvi5rsgCFWau2wodst0Cog&CAWELAID=120173390000194195&gross_price=true

I did see that thread and I'm not necessarily advocating using a UF14 but that's how it came to me so I am reverse engineering the current implementation, addressing any technical/wiring issues, rewiring as needed, and making a decision on what to do next. This is a "working microphone" not to be sold so it just needs to work and sound good. The original capsule has been re diaphragmed and the VF14 swapped with the UF14. PSU is stock except for some resistor changes needed to implement the UF14.

The original complaint was that it sounded nasally, filtered, and with a buzz/hum compared to a couple MK47's that I had lent out for an extended comparison.

There are some definite wiring issues as delivered in the tuchel cables that I need to first address but I am also documenting and understanding the existing implementation before any additional changes to the system.

Any UF14 conversion info that you may know of please let me know.

Thx!
-jonathan

Latest posts

Back