3630 mod meta

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where do i find schematics or parts overlay for the 3630? i would try to make some modifications, but i can't find the schematics for the 3630

Hi guys,
since the 3630 is out of production now, I really wonder what is possible to do on alesis new model the 3632.
As far as I know, it now has a balancing stage and integrated PSU, and it is still in the same low pricing area.

I guess it will be surface mount, but this will not distract us from modding, right?
I really would appreciate a sneak peak into it's innards.

Anyone already got one and would mind taking a few photos?
I bet there is again huge potential in this one as well. BTW, I like the idea it has balanced outs, and the case is bigger.....;-)
Maybe they even included some of our mods?

Kind regards,
Martin

dryman said:
Where do i find schematics or parts overlay for the 3630? i would try to make some modifications, but i can't find the schematics for the 3630

Have you asked Alesis? I have an ART preamp  with a problem. The model is discontinued, and ART was good enough to email me the schematic.

Hi all, i know this is an old thread but here goes...A friend and myself both own a 3630 and recently decided to mod them as we have managed to source some bur browns plus all the other components....But were also wondering is it just as easy to buy a brand new 3632 as Alesis seem to have made these units a bit better, less noise, less distortion......

Or is it worth at least changing out the op amps for the burr browns and the THAT 2150's for the 2180's and power caps and fast recovery diodes........WE have already replaced the three op amp's with 14 dip sockets!!......Oh and we would also need a new wall wart...Any feedback appreciated

louis

It would definitely be easier to buy a new one, do this if you want a project!

I had a question that I hope someone could help with, I'm replacing some of the caps (and most other components) on some 3630's and have a requirement for 22pf in the VCA circuit the only ones I could find were 500v 5% silver mica's which I bought. Will I have any problems using these in the circuit even though the voltage rating is much higher than the circuit calls for?
Thanks for any advice!

edit: sorry just realised how old that last question was!

Latest posts

Back