• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted 6S6B-V tubes

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zero

Anyone has some 6s6b-v tubes that can spare to sell?
I finally decided to go ahead and build some M49´s, got the bodies and hardware, but now these tube are difficult to buy.

I need four but two would be amazing.

Thank you.
Cheers

As long as your transformer can supply the current for a 6S6B, you could build your mic with a 5840 or other tube until you can find a 6S6B and see which you like better. I tried both, I like both for different reasons, I stuck with 58
As long as your transformer can supply the current for a 6S6B, you could build your mic with a 5840 or other tube until you can find a 6S6B and see which you like better. I tried both, I like both for different reasons, I stuck with 5840.
Yes, very true, also some other tubes as well, but, as I searched and read, the 6s6b is a great candidate for this purpose, so I’m aiming at building around it.
Thank you for the help 🙏🏻

You could also try the 5703 tube. Pretty much the USA equivalent although i've heard the 6s6b-v is quieter... Im about to build some mics around this tube too! But i have a stock of NOS JAN 5703 too... so we shall see what way we go here.

You could also try the 5703 tube. Pretty much the USA equivalent although i've heard the 6s6b-v is quieter... Im about to build some mics around this tube too! But i have a stock of NOS JAN 5703 too... so we shall see what way we go here.
I might try the 5703 and 5718 as well, lets see.
Thank you,
cheers

Have 5718 in my 50b pair and 6947 in my 49b pair. Chris at Barbaric has said they’re both finicky to work with. I say they’re worth it. We both love the sound in the end! Chris tried the 6533 for me and they’re not as quiet for the circuit and too microphonic. We like the 5840 a lot in mics, but I like to try and go for more “exotic” tube for “high-end” inspired mics.

Last edited:
I got mine from this place in Finland.
https://www.vacuum-tube-shop.com/index.php?url=tubesShipping not the cheapest at €25 but they were very helpful and easy to deal with.

Hi,
Be careful with this store.
I have made the purchase for the tubes on the 23rd and still no communication nor reply to several emails, so i am considering this store fraudulent.

Thank you anyway johnchantler for the tip, i know you had a good experience with them, but i am getting no answers at all.
Could have closed down or whatever. beats me.
Cheers

Still looking to buy these tube, if anyone can spare to sell me some, that would be great.
Thank you.
Cheers

Hi,
Be careful with this store.
I have made the purchase for the tubes on the 23rd and still no communication nor reply to several emails, so i am considering this store fraudulent.

Thank you anyway johnchantler for the tip, i know you had a good experience with them, but i am getting no answers at all.
Could have closed down or whatever. beats me.
Cheers
Strange. I got shipping info after two days back in June.

Strange. I got shipping info after two days back in June.
Fortunately, after a not so friendly email, i got a reply and it is being taken care of.
So, it seems that Mr. Johannes broke his foot and is back to business today. ( i don´t get the trend of people writing emails with their feet )
Anyway, all sorted.
Thank you very much John for your help, much appreciated.
Cheers

If anyone is looking for more 6S6B-V tubes, I have more than I need.
I am willing to sell 20 pieces, 6 Euro each + PP + shipping.
Not interested in selling single pieces, only the whole lot of 20 pieces.
PM me if you are interested.

Tubes are reserved!

Last edited:
Hello Rudd would you thing any of this triodes 6K1B-V , 6S7B-V 6S6B-K or 6n16b would be a better choice for the M49V.
Have a good 31/12 2022 day. Thanks for everything.
Lets hope this new year will bring more peace in this world. Best François

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back