AKG C414 Parts - autotransformer designated U77

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkoinnz

Hi Guys,

Thanks for a great site!

I have searched this forum first to see if I can find an answer here other than Land Audio but.....

I have a C414 BULS in with my tech and it needs the part U77 which he cannot source. Land Audio came back and said they do not sell parts.

I would happily send to Land Audio but I am based in NZ and shipping + taxes makes it completely unrealistic.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can source this part?

Otherwise I will have dead mic, I guess I can hold on to for parts as I have 3 more BULS's but I love this model and really want to get it working again.

Thanks in advance for any help.

TKO - NZ

P.S love the site!

Have you tried Akg directly? They do carry some old parts. Last month they supplied a new transformer for a c28 tube mic - I was amazed that they still had those!

Stewart

Try to contact cimplesolutions.com in the UK. Their spare parts website is offline but they used to have nearly everything from AKG for very reasonable prices.

Part# for Ü77: 1650-Z-0194

And we got our part via http://www.soundtech.co.uk, so you have a couple of options.

If they won't post to NZ then I could probably forward it to you if you pay shipping.

bremusound said:
Try to contact cimplesolutions.com in the UK. Their spare parts website is offline but they used to have nearly everything from AKG for very reasonable prices.

Part# for Ü77: 1650-Z-0194

Thanks have contacted. TK

zebra50 said:
And we got our part via http://www.soundtech.co.uk, so you have a couple of options.

If they won't post to NZ then I could probably forward it to you if you pay shipping.

Thanks Zebra,

I have contacted both of those companies. Thanks for both the suggestions.

Fingers crossed TK.

You might have solved this by now but just in case....

AKG/Harman parts department in the States does stock a lot of replacement parts for discontinued mics.  Here is good contact info (as of Dec 2013):

Parts Dept:
[email protected]      Phone 818-920-3279

A couple years ago I got a replacement U62 trafo for a 460b. 

Best way is contact direct AKG service in Austria. Two years ago i asked my local akg service about the transformer for C414 eb p48, they told  me that it is not in stock. Few month ago i asked about the same in Vienna service and they have it...

Soooo, any insights in 2024 on how one night come by this part (U77)? I've got a dead TLII in need of this. Unsurprisingly given the decade since it was posted Frank's email kicked back.

Any ideas on alternates if it is unobtainable?

AKG in Austria no longer exists. Harman is a car parts manufacturer, so maybe they stocked some parts in the US? After all, they know about stocking parts. Also, don't forget Harman group has been bought by Samsung.

There are a few individuals that still have a few original AKG parts. At least one of them is a member here. Now if I only could remember his moniker...

Back