Another Peltier fail....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gene Pink said:
Yeah, I have the same neighbor, feeds all the feral cats. Looking at the shiny side of life, it has been 15 years since I have seen  evidence of rodentia around here,
I once had a stray kitten hanging out in my car port for a couple days mewing it's heart out. It finally figured out that I wasn't going to feed it, probably moved in next door.  8) Just like you never see cat skeletons up in trees, this one moved on and found food elsewhere.

Yup, haven't seen mice or rats around for several years, I wish the cats would chase and catch all the squirrels still up in the trees. They are rodentia too IMO.
when I had to rewire a chewed-through wiring harness under the hood on an International Harvester step van within biting reach of a nest. That may sound like an easy job until you realize that IH must have got a deal on green wire, every wire was green and numbered only on the ends.  That took a while to ring out, but not too bad,  all 1972 type stuff.
I had squirrels chew into my phone line up on the pole... the POTS still worked but DSL went intermittant. I had a hard time convincing Duleep in Bagalore that unplugging and resetting my modem didn't fix the DSL problem. If your phone line is bad how are we talking?  ;D ;D ;D
-------
My 97 mustang wiring is a little flaky... I can't lock it which sets the built in burglar alarm because it spontaneously goes off in the middle of the night...turn signals are a little sketchy too. Some combination of cheap wiring and optimistic ECU software. I wasted a few hours looking for an intermittent door switch, didn't find it. 
Back up north, ever start your car on a cold morning, hear a screech/hiss, and see a cat that was sleeping under the warm hood run away with a bloody stump where there used to be a tail? Yeah people, it happens, don't "puss" out over it.
yup... been there... never saw a bloody stump, but heard some spectacular wake up screeches from under the hood. The smart ones wake up and book out when they hear you close the car door.
The experiment is inadequately controlled for only a single variable. Of course you can't hear the cat meow, after you evacuate the bell jar, but is it because there is no air to transmit the sound?  or because the cat is dead? I suspect the experiment is only partially conclusive... (the cat will surely die and dead cats don't meow).  ;D

I'm not sure, perhaps we should consult with  Schrödinger about this. He would know what to do, or he wouldn't.

Gene
To invoke Schrödinger, we'd need to cover the bell jar with a black shroud so you can't see inside. I predict the cat would still be dead, but we have enough cats to try that too.  8)

JR

PS: My apologies to cat lovers, I wouldn't go out of my way to kill one, while I don't feed strays, cats, dogs, or politicians. If you do they will never leave you be.

Gene Pink said:
JohnRoberts said:
I could nominate some local cats for the experiment, my neighbor has about 10, and they spread out, some onto my property... My car has muddy cat prints on the hood and roof from F'n cats sleeping on top of my car.  :mad:

Yeah, I have the same neighbor, feeds all the feral cats. Looking at the shiny side of life, it has been 15 years since I have seen  evidence of rodentia around here, when I had to rewire a chewed-through wiring harness under the hood on an International Harvester step van within biting reach of a nest.

One day I noticed that the windshield washer spritzer wasn't spritzing, so I opened the hood and saw that something had chewed through the feed hoses. And that's when i saw various rat droppings in some nooks and crannies in the car. I didn't see a nest, though. A power wash with that engine-cleaner stuff got the crap out.

Then the cat started sleeping on the hood of the car, and was very interested in it. So the rodent friend was still hanging around the car. At some point, I decided to open the air filter box, I don't even know why, and I saw that he had made his nest in the filter using the filter paper! Luckily, the filter was one of those cone things with a serious internal metal skeleton, so the little bastard didn't get sucked into the motor. I cleaned out the nest and replaced the filter. I never did see the rat.

Back up north, ever start your car on a cold morning, hear a screech/hiss, and see a cat that was sleeping under the warm hood run away with a bloody stump where there used to be a tail? Yeah people, it happens, don't "puss" out over it.

That happened to my father when I was a kid. He was very upset by it (and didn't let us kids see it), and he's a butcher, so he knows what it's all about.

-a

Latest posts

Back