Anyone been to TapeOp Con?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matta

Hey Guys,

It has always been a dream to make it out to a TapeOp Con, though last year was the final TOC this year sees the start of a new conference called 'Potluck Con' http://www.potluckcon.com which is heading back to its roots in NOLA June 6-8th.

I'm seriously considering scraping the money together to make the trip and just wondering if others have found the conference useful in the past? Is seems like a cool way to meet folks, take in some lectures and see some new/current gear.

I think some of our fellow DIY'ers like Fum (Shiny Box) and Brad Avenson (Avenson Audio) have actually exhibited there in the past.

Would be cool to make it out and meet some of the NOLA DIY community as maybe even hitch a ride down from Nashvegas to NOLA if anyone from Nashvegas is headed out that way.

Cheers

Matt

I went to the first NOLA TapeOp. Glad to say I've done it, but wouldn't spend the $ to go again. Mainly, because I didn't have the $, still don't have the $, and can think of a million better things to spend my $ on. I think it ran myself and the wife about $1.4K all in, having to travel, and we really didn't do anything extra.

yo Matt. Get your ass here to New Orleans. I always wanted to meet my twin.

And, oh yea, you have a place to stay if you don't want to pay for an overpriced hotel. You could take the streetcar 3 blocks from my house all the way downtown for a buck and a quarter to the conference.

Give me a shout!

I'm trying to decide whether to go to:

...an audio gear conference :

_DSC2523.jpg

..........or.........

a Cosplay conference...

normal_ae07049.jpg

=FB=

Back