Anyone got diagrams for the TL Audio VTC console please ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only have the documents (schematics and calibration) that are on this thread:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/geekslutz-forum/1191251-tl-audio-m4-schematics.html

Whoops said:
I only have the documents (schematics and calibration) that are on this thread:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/geekslutz-forum/1191251-tl-audio-m4-schematics.html

I looked at that, but wasn't sure they were the right diagrams for the big console TLA did.  I will download them anyway & see if they're right.

Hi Guys, i own a TL Audio VTC wich needs some repairs- unfortunately i have not been able to locate any Scematics or a service Manual - just the normal one wich references scematics in the text but does not contain any.
So i would be really greatful if any of you could share them with me 🙂

Hi Guys, i own a TL Audio VTC wich needs some repairs- unfortunately i have not been able to locate any Scematics or a service Manual - just the normal one wich references scematics in the text but does not contain any.
So i would be really greatful if any of you could share them with me 🙂
I just added them to the tech library for you.

How do the rest of us find that "tech library" and the file in it?
does anyone have a Scematics for:
TL Audio EQ-1 Classic Series Dual Valve Equalizer Tube Preamp and Equalizer?
Thnx

How do the rest of us find that "tech library" and the file in it?
does anyone have a Scematics for:
TL Audio EQ-1 Classic Series Dual Valve Equalizer Tube Preamp and Equalizer?
Thnx
you can find it if you go to the home page and under the bulletin rider at the top you will find "tecnical documents"
it´s also searchable via the main search function wich does not "auto correct" so it would ony turn up for EQ-1 not for EQ1 ...
and the correct spelling is sc*h*ematic - i like to do that typo myself because it makes an awful lot of sense to Gernam ears 😂🤞🙈 might be of use for future search promts 🙂

this is hopefully what you need
EQ-1 Schematics
https://groupdiy.com/threads/tl-audio.44989/page-3

Thanks a lot guys ! I downloaded the schematic... :) Does anyone know what the anode voltage of HV+ is? Since the mains transformer has burned out, and I can't find the original one, I have to rewind it. I assume it is 250VDC. Second question: Can the EQ-1 be used as a stereo equalizer in hi-fi?

It can be used as a four band stereo EQ, so that would definetely work but i´m not shure if a "tube EQ" is the right choice for that.
If you are searching for affordable system eq you might want to consider picking up some old klark teknik EQs from the pre musictribe days. I think the dn360 is "transformerless" and for example the dn22 is inductor based (you might want to forego inductor based EQs if you want the most clarity).
That beeing said i´m a 21st century digital boy and system EQ is either managed by the desk or the PAs DSP - so i have not tryed them - but it also means taht companys are gettign rid of them... ;)

As for specific Voltages for the EQ1 - i have no idea - is there no label on the transformer ?

I received the TL audio EQ-1 as a gift, with a burnt mains transformer. Rob helped me find the schematic, but the schematic doesn't list the high (anode) voltage on the mains transformer. If you thought the EQ-1 had an output transformer, you'd be right, but it doesn't. It's a hybrid eq, and I'm thinking (if I can fix it) of connecting it as a preamp-eq to my stereo tube amp. Anyway, thanks for the reply :)

I just added them to the tech library for you.
Hi,

I just found time to work on my console - unfortunately my Desk appears to be a newer Revision than the schematics.

The channel gain stage does not use a ssm 2017 but ne 5532, there are four transistors that are also not in the schematic - overall it looks more like a M4 preamp but unfortunately doesn’t really match that one either.

Do you or anyone have newer schematics or knows about this change ?

vtc channel module 2.jpegvtc channel module.jpegvtc channel module 3.jpeg

Hi.

My VTC is in storage ATM, I'll take a peek under the hood this evening if I have the time.

The schematics that came with mine are:
Channel input Rev. 8
Channel EQ Rev. 7
Channel fader Rev.7

All are done with 5532's.

Can't really promise any timeline, but I'll scan 'em for You (and for everyone else as well obviously :)) as soon as I can.

As for the:
...or knows about this change ?

If someone does, for some reason they haven't made it public.
Or had it removed after the company went belly up.
What little can be gathered from the bits and pieces of information left on the 'net, VTC among other TLA products fell victim to the corporate re-arranging and production cost cuts on the last few years of companys existence.

Regards,
Sam

Hi,

That would be awesome if you cold do that 😊🤞 We were -after some initial confusion😅 pretty surprised to find a completely different PCB design. The versions on My VTC are:

channel input issue 8 (rev 12)

EQ issue 8 (rev 9)

Fader issue 8 (rev 11)

All channelstrip PCBs are from January 2003 and I assume the hand marked revision field denotes the day rather than the revision – if they would print new circuit boards why not change the silkscreen…

So i assume that our Consoles have identical inputs and very similar EQ and fader PCB designs – also all based on 5532´s.

Can´t help but wonder what the sonic impact of this change is 🤔 maybe I can test that if I can find a ssm 2017 based spare PCB…

Also the 5532 beeing a standard dual opamp means that it could be relatively easily swapped or modded.. 🤔😁🤔

But that’s for future me to find out, first I have to get her running 100% again 😊

Regards,
Kevin

Hi.

Pulled only one channel strip, but I assume they all are the same:

Channel input Rev. 11
Channel EQ Rev. 7
Channel fader Rev. 8

Only the channel EQ schematic rev. matches the pcb rev. so time will tell whether there's differences or not.

That would be awesome if you cold do that 😊🤞

I will.
It'll probably take some time though.

I assume the hand marked revision field denotes the day rather than the revision

Possible, but unlikely.

However:
if they would print new circuit boards why not change the silkscreen…
From what I've read on the 'net, TLAudio was a rather pequliar company :).
Perhaps that's why :).
Or the new design fell within' the parameters of the older copyright.
Or...

IIRC the other PCB's on mine had 2006 copyright markings.
Those will be harder to check ATM.

So i assume that our Consoles have identical inputs and very similar EQ and fader PCB designs – also all based on 5532´s.

Most likely they are.

Can´t help but wonder what the sonic impact of this change is 🤔

Well...
That's a can of worms I'd rather not open, but given the price difference and the deservingly high status that AD enjoys in audio field, I'd be surprised if there wasn't any.

OTOH, the sound of a console -or any other audio device for that matter- is much more than the op amp (/topology) used.

It's also rather unlikely that someone would have both SSM 2017 and 5532 based consoles for side-by-side comparison, so we may never know.

Regards,
Sam

It'll probably take some time though.
no worries 😊🤞

TLAudio was a rather pequliar company :).
it indeed appears to be so 😅😁👍

IIRC the other PCB's on mine had 2006 copyright markings.
Our boards seem ineed to be quite similar – just checked the “tube PCB” – they are also marked copyright 2006.

OTOH, the sound of a console -or any other audio device for that matter- is much more than the op amp (/topology) used.
thats a very good point and so far i´m happy with it :)

Latest posts

Back