APUTIS ELA M251 capsule holders

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stelin said:
Hey Andriejus,

I know you are busy finishing the U47 bodies, but I would really like to see some pictures of the M49 bodies.
I know they are not ready yet, but it would help keeping me calm to know that you are making progress with the M49 bodies to.

- Stefan

Hey all,

I will take pictures as soon as I bring parts to my lab and weld some headgrilles. I need one more week for finishing U47 orders and then I will move on working with M49 bodies.

Kind regards,
Andrew

useme2305 said:
Andriejus said:
Again I am very sorry about all this, but you will all get your orders in a 10 days.

Kind regards,
Andrew

still waiting for my purchase. has anyone who ordered a body in the year 2016 received theirs yet?

Hey,

It took me a little bit longer than I was expecting. Will post your item next week. :)

Kind regards,
Andrew

iturnknobs said:
Ordered 2 bodies Aug 27th, 2015. One body Sept 5th, 2015 and still have not received. Hopefully this helps those who are waiting. I will post notice upon receiving so everyone can better anticipate the arrival of their body/bodies.

Brian,

Yours kit will be shipped on 24th. Shipping to US usually takes 7-10 working days. I will contact you withe the tracking number.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hi Guys,

I got my first two bodies on Friday.
I can confirm that these bodies are of really high quality and well worth the wait.

All of you who have waited long (as I have); these bodies are made with much care and attention to detail, just hang in there and you will not be disappointed. I can understand that they take time to make in such a small production run.

Thanks Andrew for making these bodies available for us!

//Michael

mgronroos said:
All of you who have waited long (as I have); these bodies are made with much care and attention to detail, just hang in there and you will not be disappointed. I can understand that they take time to make in such a small production run.
//Michael

I have Flea bodies and Aputis U47 bodies. I could say that quality is quite comparable. Of course Flea body is exact copy but if you compare price, Aputis bodies are bargains for the quality you get !!! And they are not made in China ....

If I would (will) need another pair I would (will) not hesitate to order another ones and definitively will order M49 !!!

I received my ELA M251 capsule mounts today.  I can say that these things are beautiful and well worth the money.  Completely on par with the U47 bodies (3) I received.  Andrew is doing a wonderful job and I wish him the best.  Looking forward to my M49 body!  Keep up the good work Andrew!

Could we please get an update regarding yoke mounts for an M49?  When they'll be available, pricing, etc.  I'd likely be down for 2.  Thanks.

Andrew just a quick show of support, keep up the good work man!!

Also wondering if reducing the number of options available will make the production process much easier, I doubt that people will worry too much if you offer only one colour for the mic box , only one type of connector options etc??

I think this could make your life much easier as its impossible to cater for everybody...?

Damn Andrew, i got mine! its been a year and I wouldn't even wait a year for a porsche 918 or a tesla but regardless.. its beautiful work.

Thanks!

HA! Im a dumb ass. Got my mic today. Would have been here yesterday, but I wasn't home to accept the delivery. Had to go to post office. Definitely a high quality piece of work. Very happy to be able to finish this build! The wait was absolutely worth it. Hind sight is 20/20.  If anyone could have imagined the time needed to achieve this quality, it still would have been a definite purchase. Thanks for seeing this project through Andrew! Please contact me/us when the M49s are ready and in stock. This will be one of the top mics in my collection.

One thing i realised while using the Body is, that it get's dirty pretty quickly. I got very greasy hands sometimes so maybe I will use some gloves when touching the body from now on. My mic looked older than the original U47, that was used for a A/B Shootout.  ;D

Apart from this i love it! :)

Hey,

Yours was before I discovered nano surface treatment. It can be easily found at any local car chemistry shop. It helps.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Thats cool! :) I dont mind them to look dirty. It fits my musical preferences and artists.  ;D Just wanted to let the rest of the guys know about it, but if this "problem" is solved now... Dont mind my comment!

Andriejus said:
Hey,

Yours was before I discovered nano surface treatment. It can be easily found at any local car chemistry shop. It helps.

Kind regards,
Andrew
Could you please elaborate on using nano oil treatment on mic bodies?

Also, I'm still looking for an answer about the yoke mounts (when and how much).

Thanks!

Bowie said:
Andriejus said:
Hey,

Kind regards,
Andrew
Could you please elaborate on using nano oil treatment on mic bodies?

Also, I'm still looking for an answer about the yoke mounts (when and how much).

Thanks!

Hey,

I've been using "Nano shine coat". You apply it on the surface and then clean it with microfibre. Then do the same once more.

Yoke mounts are not in the main priority right now. I must first finish U47 and M49 orders. The I will get back to the yoke. I am not sure about the price yet...but it should not be more expensive then peluso ones.

Best,
Andrew

Hi Andrew, do you think, we will get the M49 this year ?
or better prepare for 2017 ?

Back