Canon mod to russian audio connector on a Lomo 19a19

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for clarifying all this, that is great help  :)
About the y2, i'm not sure i saw 2 outputs at the 'y2' psu of my friend, but maybe there's a trick somewhere.

Will do soldering and testing asap, and let know results-reassuring at least if the worst to come is a buzz !  8)

If it is of help, here is direct translation of the connector pinout from Russian on the schematics posted here:

1--Audio
2--Audio
3--Ground
4--Heater+
5--B+
6--Heater-
7--Capsule bias

Having said that, the hand drawn schematics on Stewart's page look totally different (including pinout).

Best, M

Marik, what are your conclusion from those hand drawn  schematics?

As for my final test, here's the result:
This time i took my Lomo to my friend's place, in order to make a comparison test with his own one.
After soldering things according to Duantro description, and placing both microphones side by side for a stereo recording, i had a phase cancelation.
In the beginning, i thought that my Lomo was faulty, and that the sound+ and sound- wires had to be swapped in order to get back a full rich tone recording (translate:without any phase cancelation).
BUT by doing the same tests between my friends' Lomo and an U87, i realized the phase cancelation still occured (hollow sound).With the U87 and my own Lomo (following Duantro's wiring), no phase cancelation.
So, as a conclusion  Duantro was right, and my friend's Lomo realized his own mic was certainly not wired up the correct way!

Isnt that called 'Killing on bird with two stones'?  ;D  :eek:

Hi all,

Those had drawn schematics were sent in by other experienced DIYers, and I have not been able to verify them personally.

I can say with certainty that there are certainly some VERY different versions of this mic kicking around, so you need to look at what is on the bench.

The PSU transformers are prone to failure.

Cheers!
Stewart

Hi Stewart,
Thank you for clarifying this.
What are the signs of a PSU transformers failure?
The very first minutes i used it, i had an inconstant noise in the background.I found online people claiming that if could be the tube's fault.Now the noise has gone, but i'm still suspicious of course.

I think Stewart is referring to the power transformer dying, which would just stop powering if failed. I've had a 19a9 power transformer go out.  I have a bunch of AEG modern psu's that I use for most of my Lomo's

Latest posts

Back