• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Custom Quad Eight Line Mixer 16x8x2

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beezer4

Hi all,
Parting ways with a custom mixer I built for my home studio Details are below. Looking for $3750 with local pickup in Chicago. I’m weary to ship but can pick up the convo.

Details from Reverb listing:
Selling our custom built Quad Eight summing mixer built around a vintage Quad Eight routing matrix. I hand built this mixer for my home studio after not finding what I needed with most current-day summing mixers.

This project started with a purchase of the orange Quad Eight routing network panel and building an entire line mixer around it. All custom metal work, new or new old stock VU meters, new old stock knobs and cool back lit buss switches. The center of this console is the vintage Quad Eight panel, with it’s age a few of the buttons/switches are less than perfect and a couple pan pots can be fickle. Overall it’s in good working shape. Iron Age Audio designed all the PCBs.

Include in sale:
  • Mixer
  • External Auditronics power supply and power cable in custom wood 4U rack
  • Extra non working buss meters for parts
  • Original master buss pcb with ability to have send/receive on master buss (send/receive jacks are not currently wired or available without changing the master buss pcb)
Features:
  • 16 inputs variable controlled and assignable to each buss with panning for master buss
  • 4 buss outputs (transformer balanced)
  • 4 echo outputs (transformer balanced / stereo controlled)
  • Stereo L/R Master Output (transformer balanced)
  • Balanced inputs with Iron Age Audio - Quad Eight AM10 clone 2520 footprint discrete Opamps
  • Balanced outputs leveraging Jensen JE-123-S and CAPI API style transformers
  • 36 total Iron Age Audio AM10 style opamps
  • 4 CAPI API style output transformer on master buss
  • 16 Jensen JE-123-S transformers
  • Alpha and Alps pots for the buss and master output controls
  • Buss output pots are indented to help set levels in pairs.
Callouts:
  • Solo function is currently not setup or wired
  • Direct outputs are currently not setup or wired
  • Send/receive for master buss is not setup or wired
  • I added a power switch on the rear for the buss switch lamps. The lamps look awesome but add additional noise into the signal path. I switch them off when bouncing a mix
  • The power supply use to be an internal switch mode power supply, but I moved to the Auditronics external PSU picture. I added an XLR power input jack and the IEC power output on the rear of the mixer is non-functional
  • The orange routing section is not screwed down. I didn’t want to drill holes in the panel and it sits snug. Also provides nice access to the inside of the board.
  • This is home built, so there are some mild imperfections as I’m not a pro-carpenter. I hope you‘ll agree it’s a one-of-a-kind look and feel for a mixer.
It would definitely be beneficial to know your way around audio electronics if your looking to purchase.

IMG_1763.jpeg
IMG_1771.jpeg
IMG_1772.jpeg
IMG_1779.jpegIMG_1789.jpegIMG_1778.jpegIMG_1786.jpeg

Latest posts

Back