Daisy Jones and the Six - Great watch

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Electrobumps

Just started watching this show, I think it is great. My wife gets annoyed as I rattle off the names of equipment I spot and technical errors in the recording process. Obviously, they are doing things for the best visual look and not sonics.

It's said to be loosely based on Fleetwood Mac.

Last edited:
The show makes me remember the past, truths and lies. It’s great looking at the equipment in the studios and also the McIntosh stereo great in the producers house. It’s seems to all match period correct. “ Ah the smell of analog tape in the morning “.

On the gear-spotting tip, I recommend (also on Amazon) the documentary about Big Star. There are some cool shots of Ardent from the late 60s & early 70s, and lots of interview footage with folks no longer around (John Fry, Andy Hummel, Jim Dickinson).

This show makes me remeber the past, like that old TV show with a made up band, The Monkees. They sold a bunch of records too...

This seems like a brilliant (or not ) marketing scheme...

JR

The movie/entertainment business is packed full of frustrated singers/musicians, many who don't suck, but never were lucky enough to join the circus. It would be silly or worse to not cast people who could do more than fake it. It is irritating to see people fake playing musical instruments in movies/TV, that and the signature burst of acoustic feedback every time to denote an open microphone and sound reinforcement.

Several of the Monkees also had above average talent, but average for that community is not bad.

JR

Latest posts

Back