DBX 202 black can in GSSL

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As you can see upper in this thread, it's the same way, you have to adapt the impedance of the VCAs.

Yes, i mean to change the 15Kohm which is between pin 2 and pin1 of the 5532 to 27Kohm.

No, 13,5Kohm for input resistor will be too small.
If you put a fixed resistor for inputs, you can't adjust Unity Gain, so put a 15k+50K trim pot instead the 27k input resistors.

Don't worry about the rev, if your PCB is the one you can find on Gyraf it's the good one.

Marc

Hello,

Thanks for the answer.
I did the PCB myself... using the Gyraf PCB picture from the web site... But I don't know anymore when I "ingraved" it/them.
I did around 5 or 6 PCBs...

So, no, I din't buy the PCB from Gyraf.

What should I concerning the resistors labelled 100R* and 47K*?

Is there some people who did an eveloppe detection using also the DBX202c like in the VCAs itself?

I have to admit I am a lot confused as there has been so much threat on internet concerning the GSSL...
Criticizing it or apreciating it...

But Gyraf himself really did a BAD web site concerning the design and it's improvement...
That's why my project has been stopped because I was fed up to see that there is not any well localized information...

I thank you VERY much for your involvment to help me! :)
Thanks,

PK

Gyraf doesn't sale any PCBs, i wanna said if you use the PDF you can find on Gyraf website to produce your PCB you have the last rev.

You keep 100R resistors.
As you can see on the layout PDF you add a 47K between the threshold pot and + of the board to reduce threshold sensitivity. i use a 50k trim.

http://www.gyraf.dk/gy_pd/ssl/ssl.htm

There is all infos needed to build a GSSL on the Gyraf website and the support on group DIY if you search trough the threads.

Marc

Latest posts

Back