Desperate to get microphone working

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSSRuby

Hey guys,
I'm new here and was wondering if someone could help me set up a specific microphone, this one to be exact:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B091HWBQFZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I bought it for streaming purposes (desktop) and tried it in combination with a few external soundcards - no success.
So far it only worked with my smartphone (speech recording sounds good) and if I plug it directly into my motherboard (cable too short for this).
I'm by no means skilled in using audio interfaces etc. but what would I need to do so this damn thing works?
Also, both soundcards have a mic-in as well as headset-in (audio and mic) but it doesn't work in either.

I'm almost losing hope here but thanks for any ideas

Wild guess:

The interfaces have phantom power. The PC and phone have PIP power. The mic only works with PIP power.

Phantom power is 48V, PIP power is 5 to 10V.

That mic has a miniature 4-pin XLR, how did you get it connected to a small USB audio adapter? Seems likely you just need to get an adapter wired correctly.

These interfaces you used probably have line inputs without PIP power.

Getting the right adapter for the 4-pin XLR might be a bit of a problem, as these tend to be non-standard. Doesn't the mic come with some documentation/manual? What's it supposed to connect to?

Gonna echo the other sentiments, get the appropriate adapter. I don't know if they'd fail because of phantom power, but if you're using something like a USB cable or 3.5mm connector or 6.3mm connector I can see using phantom being an issue.

When you would have read carefully before buying you would have seen:
"....Headband Mic for Sennheiser Wireless Bodypack Transmitter ..."

Even when they use a similar connector these microphones are wired different (for Sennheiser Bodypack Transmitterss) and NOT for Soundcards. You need to make an adapter from Sennheiser Bodypack wiring to Soundcard wiring....

Latest posts

Back