Domain name email

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seedysea

I was interested in Rochey's topic on email scams now coming from China and I thought I would start another topic about an email I received.

My email reads (note I have changed the name of my domain name);

To whom it may concern :      2009-10-28

We are a domain name registration service company in Asia,

Yesterday, we received a formal application submited by Peter Lee who wanted to use the keyword  "XXXXXX" to  register the Internet Brand and with suffix such as .cn /.com.cn /.net.cn/.hk/ .asia/ domain names.

After our initial examination, we found that these domain names to be applied for registration  are same as your  domain name and trademark. If you think that these domain names to be regisrated would produce possible dispute with you or effect your current businesss, you would  contact us as soon as possible  by Fax ,Telephone or Email to protect and register related  domains names , otherwise we have to  approve his regisration application without your any reply in the next  5 working days.

Yours sincerely

Tina

Checking Department

Tel:  86 513 8532 1087
Fax:  86 513 8532 2065
Email:[email protected]

Our File No.:2568676

It seems this is a phishing attempt to get me to register my domain name with a bunch of suffixes using their company.  I don't reckon I will be 'registrating' my domain this way.  Imagine working in the 'checking department', it must be a hoot!

Has anyone else received similar emails?

I got the same eMail about Butterylicious Daht com.  Funny thang is it came to the wrong eMail associated with that account.  After a little thought, I realized they're lifting info from Register.com  I think it's a phishing scam. 

Back