EMT 240 Question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbocharbo

Hey folks

I'm currently testing an EMT 240 at my studio and am hoping to have a few questions answered about it. Hopefully from people that know the 240 well and have experience working on them.

The unit sounds wonderful and appears to be working correctly. The only odd thing is that the low-cut of CH1 doesn't work. CH2 low-cut controls both channels. If I input a signal in CH1 it shows up in CH1 AND CH2 outputs and vice-versa. Is this normal or is there something up with the unit? I've swapped the preamp cards and the low-cut of CH1 still doesn't work which leads me to believe the issue is somewhere after the cards. In the manual it says that it's possible to have both input channels combined to feed a mono signal in and get a stereo signal out. Perhaps this is this is how my unit has been wired? If this is the case, is it possible to change it to be able to send a stereo signal to the inputs?

I'm a bit worried that the pickup of CH1 died at some point so it's been wired to CH2. Is there a simple way that my technician could verify this without compromising the unit? He's a competent studio tech that has worked on 140s many times but is not familiar with the 240.

Thank you for your time,
Philippe

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-11-18 at 11.19.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-11-18 at 11.19.34 AM.png
    105.5 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back