Experience with AliExpress condenser mic capsules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ijvanl

Hi all,
I'm looking to get ahold of a reasonably cheap K47-clone capsule for a proof-of-concept prototype mic I'm building. This is more of a test of the body shape, basic circuitry and build process than anything else, so all it really needs to do is be a 34 x 9ish mm size, be a true condenser (i. e. not an electret), and sound sorta okay most of the time.
I've heard that most of what you're paying for with many DIY capsules is the testing & quality control processes, more so than the actual "quality" of the average final product, but that being said, what are people's general experiences with the super-cheap "K47-style" capsules you find on places like AliExpress?
Or "crapsules", as the case may be.
Many thanks
— ishtar

Hi all,
I'm looking to get ahold of a reasonably cheap K47-clone capsule for a proof-of-concept prototype mic I'm building. This is more of a test of the body shape, basic circuitry and build process than anything else, so all it really needs to do is be a 34 x 9ish mm size, be a true condenser (i. e. not an electret), and sound sorta okay most of the time.
I've heard that most of what you're paying for with many DIY capsules is the testing & quality control processes, more so than the actual "quality" of the average final product, but that being said, what are people's general experiences with the super-cheap "K47-style" capsules you find on places like AliExpress?
Or "crapsules", as the case may be.
Many thanks
— ishtar
I have bought and measured quite a few of these. They were all good, and pretty consistent. They have more midrange than a true k47 should have, by a couple of db. This can easily be eq'ed out, as they behave just like k47 capsule should. They measure just like Microphone Parts capsules i had. Beware that some people have bought these, not necessarily from the same source, and had issues with IIRC wrinkled diaphragms and particles stuck under the diaphragm. I, again, never had an issue. I have also bought some edge terminated ones from them, no issue there either.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EGTqUrJ

Latest posts

Back