Free Public Cloud Storage

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

At present I use web space provided by my ISP to store design data that I want to share publicly via links. However, this would be awkward if I ever wanted to change ISP and about once a month the web space I have is unavailable for a whole day.  I have several free cloud storage areas I might use. They come in various amounts of free storage  and all have some sort of file sharing. At the moment I have 3G at DopBox, 15G at Google and 25G at Hubic.  The methods they use for sharing differ greatly. On Google you can select any file and go through a few dialogues to make it publicly viewable. Dropbox has a folder labelled Public and any thing in it can be shared by right clicking it and copying the link.

I guess I am looking for recommendations. I would like the ease of use of DropBox with the free storage of Hubic.

Cheers

Ian

After sending many invitations I have 52,75GB on my dropbox for free, for more than a year at this point IIRC, it kept growing for some time but most of it was back at that time. I remember I had to make a few things, like downloading the app at a few android devices and computers, I don't remember exactly but it asked to have 3 or 4 devices connected in total. Email registration and a few other stuff gave me a few GB, the rest of it was because invitations accepted which gave me at least half of that. I think it was about 500MB for each invitation. There are a few others around but I haven't seen one as easy to use as dropbox.

JS

Just discovered Hubric public links expire after 30 days - they do not have a permanent link option. But I think Dropbox does have permanent ones. Here is a link to a ruffrecords folder where you should be able to access most of my documentation. Will someone please check that this works?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yi9lxal0knz338v/AABJAgZrZLHYisbLweYsSt3ya?dl=0

Even though I only have 3G of space at Dropbox it turns out that all my groupdiy docs come to less then 50M so there's plenty of room.

Cheers

ian

Back