General Tube Project Power Transformer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiophreak

Hi All,

I've finished several Tube projects from this fantastic place of sharing and knowledge ...  G9 ,  G-Pultec , NYDave One Bottles x 4 ,  and some experimenting ;D      maybe I am looking in the wrong places , but cant seem to find " the Perfect " PT in the US for these kind of tube thingys , most of the time doing the Gyraf two PT running one backwards for HT .

I purchased a Rondo PT for the D-LA2A ( not finished yet )  and like the secondary assortment , but also like DC heaters ( just my preference )  but didnt like to $90 from overseas ,  and then also have to add another small PT for phantom if needed.

so I contacted a national PT manufacturer , and have these specs :

Pri:                        115v x 2 50/60Hz
Sec1:                    9V, 2.5A rms
Sec2:                      9V, 2.5A rms
Sec3:                    12V, 1.0A rms
Sec4:                    36V, 0.1A rms
Sec5:                    220V, 0.06A rms
Sec6:                    220V, 0.06A rms

Resin filled center with stranded leads

Dimensions:      3.9” x 2.0” approx

Weight:                2.9# approx

that would be enough for 6-8  tubes depending on tubes used , and then I thought maybe they could make this one and one more with just 1 HT and 1 Heater secondary  for 2-4 Tube type projects

The one with these listed specs would cost $58  for Qty of 10 ( after $160  proto type ) - I would assume less for more Qty

would anyone be interested in this ?? 

If there would be enough interested , maybe they would just add them to there stock offereings

Please let me know - I think I might just have them do the proto type anyway for me , or if anyone thinks these voltages and amps are appropriate  - or any suggestions

Thanks,
            Chip

EDIT    -  9v would be for heaters , 12v for relays or lamps/LEDs  , 36v for Phantom and 220v  for HT

Wouldn't 6-8 tubes need a little more current? I think it would be better for like 2-4 tubes.

Thanks My3gger,
                            The Rondo PT for the D-LA2A is speced at 50ma for the HT and 2A for the heaters for one channel and there are 4 tubes per channel  , so the PT I propose is 60ma on the HT and 2.5A for the heaters for one channel ( or four tubes ) ,  ( although I guess it depends on what tubes are used )  ;D

Latest posts

Back