Gordon Lightfoot RIP

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the absolute greats. Just heard about him passing. I was fortunate to record him in one of his final tours on a painter passing through it album. I met him after the sound check at an Etown show and and we talked for a half hour. I thought I died and went to heaven. One of the best writers and singers IMO. I was out in the RV this morning and told my wife we need to load some Gordon Lightfoot songs to listen to when we’re out camping. I didn’t know he had died. Damn I’m saddened but touched by his incredible music.

It always is sad when people shuffle off this mortal coil. I discovered lightfoot when I was a kid. While it was considered my parents music, for adults, something about it drew me in. Of course he will be remembered for the wreck of the Edmun Fitzgerald and other songs. There is one he wrote called race amoung the ruins. While I found to be about death and grieving of a loved one I don’t know if that is what it was really about. To this day I don’t want to find out because I find myself playing it at every funeral and it getting to me in the right places.

He will be missed.

At some point in the future ,
after mankind has self estinguished ,
aliens will arrive here and discover our art and music collection ,

Latest posts

Back