Greetings from Helsinki / Finland

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godzich

Hi Admin,

Thanks for accepting me as a member.

I have spent my whole working life in the electronics/medical industry as an electronics engineer designing analog and digital electronics and control systems for medical and computer equipment. I have a past as a service engineer repairing and installing studio equipment, and other similar devices. I have also worked (during the analog era) as a sound/mixing engineer. I am also a hobby musician (drums mainly), and a huge music consumer. I also run a small video business in my free time. Not classifying myself as an overhyped hi-fi enthusiast, but I happen to have a decent music-listening rig at home. The electronics community has given me so much over all years, and I hope to also give something back. You can check my home page (always under construction - never finished) here: Dextrel home.

Cheers,

Christian

Helsinki is a lovely city. I used to visit quite often in the 1990s on business and stayed at the hotel Marski.

Welcome to the group.

Cheers

ian

Helsinki is a lovely city. I used to visit quite often in the 1990s on business and stayed at the hotel Marski.

Welcome to the group.

Cheers

ian
Hi Ian,

Thanks! Hotel Marski is still there :) Helsinki has changed a lot since the 1990s... for better or worse. More international, but also a little more congested... I live at the perimeter (about 18 km from downtown) surrounded by forests, so cannot complain.

Cheers,

Christian

Hi Ian,

Thanks! Hotel Marski is still there :) Helsinki has changed a lot since the 1990s... for better or worse. More international, but also a little more congested... I live at the perimeter (about 18 km from downtown) surrounded by forests, so cannot complain.

Cheers,

Christian
I remember the forest. You fly over it as you come into Helsinki airport. I remeber once landing there in winter in a strong cross wind. The pilot brought the plane in at an angle to the runway so he was into the wind. Then just before the wheels touched the runway he swung the plane round and slapped it down on the runway. All the passengers cheered him.

The company I used to visit was called Vertsilla if I remember correctly. I was talking to the electronicsds guys but I think there was a division that made Arabia brand toilets. Very versatile company.

Cheers

Ian

Back